Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

what jobs do u people do

pokolo
@pokolo
13 years ago
59 posts
my mom is afraid my pursuit of growing dreadlocks is going to ruin my life and keep me from getting a career and all that and maybe she is right but i am just wondering what people on here with dreadlocks do for a career
updated by @pokolo: 02/14/15 06:10:55AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i hate jobs so i run this site but ill give u a list of jobs ppl on this site do

rocket scientist (yup)

professor

ceo

dr (2 or 3)

nureses

midwives

herbologists

chefs

resteraunt owners

preists

artists

teachers (several)

receptionists

it professionals

law office clerks

builders

tv stars

models

photographers

writters and novelists

umm i know theres way way more thats just a list off the top of my head

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Pann
@pann
13 years ago
16 posts

I'm a photographer, and my father has a friend who is a fellowlawyer and he has had locks for about ten years.

I have a friend of mine with locks and he is a computer tech.

Jobs are never out of the question when you have locks. You just have to make sure you look professional when you are looking for work, just like you would even if you didn't have locks.

Ba Marley
@ba-marley
13 years ago
14 posts

I was a lawyer. Then I researched & discovered the US is not a country, it's a corporation. And, I got sick and couldn't work, then I researched more. Discovered even more BS from so-called gov, especially in regards to the War on Cannabis. Lying, dirty, rotten scoundrels. During that sick time, I put into practice my "survival" skills taught by my dad & grandmother who survived the Great Depression. Now that I'm getting better, I find I don't need nearly the amount of money I thought I did.

AND, like Bob Marley says, when you have dreads, it reveals yourself to yourself. It also reveals others' self to yourself, as you'll find some prejudice. So dreads can be a litmus test of sorts. They will automatically sort some of the shyte from the shynola.

Watch freemantv.com to see a great guy who has NO career or job. It's a great life and a great time to just say NO to NWO "jobs". Start a business - if you need ideas & procedures, I have several business ideas (not selling anything here at all) and will share with anyone interested. Irie. Rastafari.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

good point ba and thats why i creatted the jah bless the jobless group

u can live a jobless lifestyle easy enough

money is just something your told you need but ya really dont

--
momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
13 years ago
159 posts

I work as an oral and maxillafacial surgeon assistant. Like Biz said in her reply above, if you have a solid resume, confident, knowledge in what you are doing, passion, those are the things that will shine. I wore my dreads up and back, dressed professionally. It took about 5 weeks to get the job I wanted. I turned down a couple of offers due to their location, be patient too. Believe in yourself...it will show when interviewing. . I am on the older side too (age wise), with a husband who is retired from the attorney general office. I guess what I am trying to say is that dreads are showing up across a broad spectrum of occupations. Maybe have your mom look at some of our photos. She may chill out and relax a bit. Let us know how you are doing.

Peace and enjoy the earth today.

Ba Marley
@ba-marley
13 years ago
14 posts

I looked for a job for 5 years. Always had my own business but wanted that "steady paycheck" and "benefits" but discovered the price for all that was selling of the soul. Besides, the "benefits" are a ticket to hell, a.k.a. modern medicine, that is killing people right & left. Keeping the secret of cannabis cures from as many as possible.

Everyone needs to watch Rick Simpson's RUN FROM THE CURE at Phoenixtears. [com] or [ca].

Curing cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure, fibromyalgia on and on. Jah's army is blessed to know in their hearts this sacrament, now it's spreading like wildfire. We've been lied to and manipulated. I want no part of any fraud.

Rastafari. Jah bless one and all.

soaringeagle said:

good point ba and thats why i creatted the jah bless the jobless group

u can live a jobless lifestyle easy enough

money is just something your told you need but ya really dont

Vates
@vates
13 years ago
66 posts
be smart and make ur own business theres no point in working for someone when u can do everything yourself and live free lol
Crystal O.
@crystal-o
13 years ago
137 posts
Well now I want to research this jobless business, but currently I work in an office setting, I'm a customer service team leader. I walked in the day after kick-starting my dread journey to the only person knowing what I was up to beingmy boss, (who keeps up with the latest fashion, highlights her hair, goes tanningandlooks like a modern barbie doll) asking if I had dreadlocks. I told her I was going to, yes, and she replied "as long as you don't come in smelling like a dirty hippie I don't care." That was that. My co-workers are excited to see the progress and ask questions and compliment my creative ways of styling them. So you do what you want and don't worry about what other people think and you'll be just fine. :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

on a good day i make 50 cents an hour and still can afford to give 1/2 away

i dont like being dependent on money

funny story

the true story of "custers last stand" that your not aware of

after the feirce battle custers army retreatted to a hillside overlooking the battlefield

in the valley below the warriors and families of the tribe were pickifieldtaking boots and as sovieneers

but custars slaimn men had just been paid and the money was found by the kids womethe bloody dead

the tribe thought these strange green papers were like frogs skins and couldnt figure out what they were for

custar and his men were watching as the women started sewin onto ripped loinclothes and jackets making patches as kids played with these strange frog skins like toys as warriors wiped theyre asses with them

and custar and his men went insane

they had fought and died for that meagar pay only to see the indians use it like toys or patches ..or..toiletpaper

custar committed suicide after seeing this

--
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form