Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

First time without any headgear and first dread comment all in one day!

Clayton
@clayton
13 years ago
76 posts

So just yesterday I decided that wearing a hat, beanie, or bandanna was only me hiding my hair from the world. I let go of the vanity and let my hair free, and got a few looks throughout the day (my dreads are in the messy half-recognizable 5 month stage), but then again I was *looking* for looks, so it might have been me assuming, lol. But anyways! I met a female acquaintance of mine in the parking lot at the cafe I frequent, the full moon was out (and 12,000 miles closer to earth than usual, btw), and a storm was brewing. I wan't even really thinking about my hair at this point, but it was flying around in the storm gales, and all the sudden my friend exclaims, "When did you get dreadlocks!?" That was a happy moment! She then went on to complement my dreads and ask how I could possibly be girlfriend-less, lol!

Was totally awesome. I let go of my vanity and got my first dread comment all in the same day! Today's my second day hatless, and I feel reborn. :D

I also got to explain to her and her husband how all hair naturally locks and dismissed a few dread myths!

updated by @clayton: 01/13/15 08:57:56PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

haha awesome i actualky never really wore a hat when i started to dread ..i wore 1 constantly the year i was dreadless tho

i hid my neat short hair but the day i decided to let it dread i stopped wearring hats

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Clayton
@clayton
13 years ago
76 posts
Thanks :D I actually happened to get another just as I typed this btw, lol!
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts
Good for you! Feels great, doesn't it?!!!! Woo-Hoo!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form