dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

So... my dreds are gone.

Steph
@steph
13 years ago
16 posts

Hey.

After a while of thinking "bloody things, I should just get rid of them" I have.

The process was slow and painful. About 12 hours of two people (me and my mum) slowly conditioning and combing. It was strange and very sad, I feel like I've let myself down or lost a friend, but I dont regret it (or at least at the moment!).

My reasons were a mixture of personal and practical.

Personal:

I felt I was constantly judged for having dreds.

I felt I used them as a crutch for my personality (as I'm generally a shy person)

I hated that dreadlocks had got too commonplace in my home (not uni) area.

I got fed up of answering the same dumb questions!

Practical:

I hated my sectioning.

I hated fuzzies.

I'd like to point out these were my opinions about myself and my own dreds, no one elses! What I will miss is mostly the conversations that they would gather from genuinely interesting people, being "that girl at uni with dreadlocks", the beautiful and different colours each one seemed to have. My dreads were beautiful.

But indviduality and personality are not defined by your hair, they are the experiences and biology you carry with you every day. I hope one day the majority of people will be enlightened about dreadlocks.

"Yes, it was my real hair"

"Yes I did wash it"

"You get them out with a lot of difficulty or not at all"

And when I'm older and wiser I will have more beautiful dreadlocks, unfortunately the time isn't now.

updated by @steph: 01/13/15 08:56:29PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

the time will be sooner then you think

they are in your soul now its only a matter of time b4 theyre back on your head

a year max

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
EllyDoll
@ellydoll
13 years ago
1 posts
:) What ever makes you happy!
Patricia Masciarelli
@patricia-masciarelli
13 years ago
1 posts

How is your hair now that you took them out??

Steph
@steph
13 years ago
16 posts
Thanks for the support guys, no doubt they will be back some day, but next time better! My hair is ok, thinner than it used to be but i expected that from the amount of hair i lost combing out, over all it still looks smooth, sleek and presentable which I'm surprised about.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form