Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Trip to Kenya!

WeenDogg
@weendogg
13 years ago
37 posts
So i have this great opportunity ahead of me, basically a company called Camps International is running a trip to Kenya for four weeks!, we get to help out the local communities and meet the locals, meet the Maasai tribe (thats the part i'm most excited about!) go scuba diving and get our Padi scuba diving award, get to see wildlife and do safari and so much more, and the trip is practically free too! but we have to raise the money by doing things like fund raising, by doing things such as car washing, packing bags in the super market, doing sponsored walks and cycles. The trip is in summer 2012, and we have to raise essentially 4000 for this time, so basically in 18 months in need 4000! now this to me is quite worrying as i do not want to miss out on this amazing trip and opportunity do you honestly think it is possible to raise that amount of money in that short period of time? I do still have school for a few more months the after that i will be applying to college etc so it will basically be after school and weekends im doing these fund raisers on, and I love my rollerblading that is a huge part of my life and im just trying to think of how i'll be able to fit all these things into this short space of time! Maybe do some things like skating long distances for sponsors etc! what are your thoughts on this? do you think i should go for it? or is it too much of a big goal for a 16 year old? My parents will support me, but they will have to pay the deposit of 300 for next week so i need to make a decision fast, and times are hard so if we pay the deposit i have to stick to it because i don't want to let my parents down!
updated by @weendogg: 01/13/15 08:55:16PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
its doable bu8t not easy how bad ya want it?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
WeenDogg
@weendogg
13 years ago
37 posts
Argh I want it, but im a lazy shit and not sure if i have the commitment :/

soaringeagle said:
its doable bu8t not easy how bad ya want it?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
then u dont want it badly enough

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
TheSilentRebellion
@thesilentrebellion
13 years ago
24 posts

If you can motivate yourself. Do it.

I used to live in Kenya and have been back many times since (spend most of last summer there) and it's a great, great place. I don't know how much you travel, but especially if you don't travel much, it will be a wonderful opportunity to expose yourself to different ways of thought, different cultures and people.

I don't know how important this sort of thing is to you, but East Africa is my favorite part of this planet that I've been to, and even though it -may- be a bit of a shock at first, you'll quickly learn to appreciate and love it. It's also just a beautiful, beautiful country.

Opening your eyes to the different ways of life in this world is something that is truly priceless. I think it can also give you a greater appreciation of the luxuries of western society when you get to observe and [to a certain extent] experience the way things function in places like Kenya.

Hope you can motivate yourself to do it! ;-)

Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
I say that you should definately do this, apply yourself and work hard for it! It could be life changing and even great for college apps (the papers you have to write), and just over all a great experience...I mean maybe it's a way to get "un-lazy" and start a goal and get out there.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form