Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

In Memory of my Tibicen

Tibicen Linnei
@tibicen-linnei
13 years ago
13 posts
My name is Adam. I am posting under Tibicen Linnei's account to deliver some sad news.

Tibicen, or Robyn [her birth name], fought cystic fibrosis all twenty years of her life. Unfortunately, she lost her painful fight on January 19th due to complications caused by pneumonia. We knew her condition was getting worse, so we celebrated her birthday after Christmas by throwing a big party. We all got to see her dance and laugh and feel like the Goddess she really was inside her sickly body.

I know she didn't interact often with the users on this site, but she spent a lot of time reading posts, looking at photos, and working on her dreads. Her dreads were something she took pride in, and they occupied her when she was in and out of the doctor's office and had to go to her treatment appointments.

I am the luckiest man in the world to call her my love. We were planning our wedding for the fall of this year, because that's when the cicadas, her favorite insect, emerged from the ground to sing their songs. Robyn wanted to be an entomologist. Cicadas were her passion, and Tibicen Linnei is the Latin name for the common dog-day cicada that we get all over the place here. She once told me that cicadas are a symbol of immortality and rebirth. I know deep down that I will see her again...Maybe in another life, maybe in the afterlife, but I will be with her again. I will always see cicadas as a reminder not only of the girl I will always love, but of the everlasting Light that she brought into the world and the endless love that she gave to the Universe.

I could go on and on about her, but I wouldn't know where to begin or end. I just felt that I should post this because this community touched her life and helped her in many ways.

Thank you for reading. May the Universe be as kind to you as it has been to me.

updated by @tibicen-linnei: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Patricia Fox
@patricia-fox
13 years ago
42 posts
I am sorry for your loss. May her spirit fly.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i am really srry for your loss one of the women i admire the most also is into cicasdas because they mate for life she views them as the perfect symbiol for eternal love

you are right she did not interact alot but she was very memorable and will be missed

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form