13 years ago
84 posts
worm perm.
updated by @dreaded-delusion: 01/13/15 08:53:45PM
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts
worm perm..i dunno if i would call them that either. The word "dreadlock" to begin with comes from caucasion settlers and tradesmen referring to african's who wore their hair locked, as theythought them dreadfullso it already has kinda a negative stigma attached to it.
Kris2
@kris2
13 years ago
43 posts
hmm i never knew that, but thats also a pretty funny name, i kinda like it :P
dreaded delusion
@dreaded-delusion
13 years ago
84 posts
well, thats all good and well and all.. but uhh.. I like worm perm. It makes me laugh. My fiance and I like to look at eachother's locs and say "Hey therrre.. Nice worm perm!! " lol. But we have many inside jokes..And next time I get a comment on my dreads from someone because it happens a lot, I was gonna say in a stuck up teenage voice: "umm
, ACTUALLY, it's called a WORM PERRRRM.. or next time I see a random dreadie, say to them, "hey dude, nice worm perm" to which I'm sure they'll reply "what the hell??" Ah well.. It's just entertaining to me and I'm a bit of a weirde.. but that's what makes my life fun I guess.. I like to laugh and find ways to laugh.. :)
Thundersquall said:
worm perm..i dunno if i would call them that either. The word "dreadlock" to begin with comes from caucasion settlers and tradesmen referring to african's who wore their hair locked, as theythought them dreadfullso it already has kinda a negative stigma attached to it.
dreaded delusion
@dreaded-delusion
13 years ago
84 posts
haha. I expected a comment like this that would take things seriously. How cliche of a comment! Next time try to avoid cliches by not actually typing in the comment box. :)

Desirae Rose said:

I'll stick with "locs".

'Worm perm' doesn't sound the least bit appealing and sounds nasty and disgusting, and my locs are NOT.

gcuezy
@gcuezy
13 years ago
21 posts

You should use wormperm for those horrible perm jobs people get from 'locticians' who use it to make frail brittle dreadlocks.

I actually don't think the term dreadlocks came from the colonizers (although I'm sure they said they were dreadful). Among the Rasta's (speaking patois) the term 'dread' refers to being "God fearing." So if you live a dread life than you are a spiritual person who 'fears' God [fear being used in an antiquated sense]

dreaded delusion
@dreaded-delusion
13 years ago
84 posts
That's the spirit!! haha. This post was simply made for a laugh, not to discuss any meanings to terms or histories or anything. Just something fun from the strange inner workings of my mind. :p Have fun with it guys!! Have fuunnn!!!! :)

Jesus Freed My Soul!! said:
I like it!! Too funny lol!
❀.Zombeth.☮)O(
@zombetho
13 years ago
42 posts
I prefer to call them just locks. lol
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
i kinda like it, not a term i'd use for people who may not have dread appreciation but i could see myself calling it that around friends :P
Doobie
@doobie
13 years ago
5 posts

true the babylonians thought they were dreadful but those who stick dont to the negative and are apart of the ras tafari movement know the term dread means the fear of god

Thundersquall said:

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form