Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help getting a certain looking dreadlock style.

Jimi Ace
@jimi-ace
13 years ago
2 posts

I'm not too good with stylish haircuts because I usually just get a regular 1/2inch haircut. It's a very boring look and I could stand to use a change. I have typical curly African-American hair.

Well my question is what method could I use to get dreadlocks similar to the ones the lead singer in this youtube clip has? Or could you tell me how to describe these dreads to my hair stylist? You guys are an expert on dreads so I didn't know where else to go.

Thanks for your help in advance. :)

updated by @jimi-ace: 01/13/15 08:53:32PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

hair stylist? for dreads? are u a masochist who likes to throw away monet while having your hair pulled for hours only to have a complete disaster that needs to be started over?

dreads are dreads theres only a few differences

1 natural dreads healthy and unique his look natural to me altho could be twists left to go natural

then theres made dreads which can becdome more natural

then theres manicured dreads that look fake with no personality or uniqueness

the only other defining factors are..thickness and length

now baturakl dreads can vary in thickness but canbe withina range like those which are thin to medium

made dreads usualy vary less in thickness unless your tryinmg to look more natural

manicured dreads as stated already are total conformity and vary not a bot

so id u want dreads like those fire the hair stylist

lose the comb

seperate the dreads that form into the sizes u want

give em a month or 2 to form

give usthe money u woulda wasted on a salon (haha totaly optional hahaa but i swear id be rich idf i had a penny for every 50 dollaes we saved ppl from spending on salonds and useless kits and products)

so are you able to not comb on your owen? or do u need to pat someone a few hundred dollars to make it look like your capable of not combing?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jimi Ace
@jimi-ace
13 years ago
2 posts

I just wanted a stylist because his looked professional, but then again he is a celebrity haha.

But stylist or not, I'm definitely buying these products to maintain and grow my dreads. You guys seem to really believe in your product and I'm sure that will show in the quality of the product.

Thank you for the help!

taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
i have heard them called spaghetti dreads, because they are so thin. I am not sure if it is the correct term.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form