14 years ago
28 posts
Why does the "man" dislike dreadlocks?
updated by @sancho-lopez: 01/13/15 08:52:40PM
Jeffree Vega.
@jeffree-vega
14 years ago
66 posts
Because it's not part of what the media classes as 'beautiful' or 'acceptable'.The views in which people hold dreads can be quite shocking. Hopefully one day people will open their eyes and see them to be the beautiful thing that they are, like everyone in the community does (:
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
who says they dont? many cops have admired mine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sancho Lopez
@sancho-lopez
13 years ago
28 posts

cops are the "man" .... i meant like, corporate/industrial america... it seems like its only accepted in america on white people if those people are in the arts, of some sort. as a commercial electrician i know that if i wasnt laid off right now, i wouldnt be able to start this process. I live in Fla. mostly and florida construction is run by good ole boys who arent very accepting of things that are different or new. it would definately not be easy to re-enter the workforce here with dreads.

SpacemanTravis
@spacemantravis
13 years ago
127 posts
Fuyck the man, i feel you bro cuz rite now im on lockdwon from dreads cuz if i get em i lose my job and plus ima keep growing my hair till its long long so i can have some sick long dreadies
Sancho Lopez
@sancho-lopez
13 years ago
28 posts
nice. A+ and 5 gold stars

Knottysleeves said:
Image is everything in our society (especially for women) and your perceived value & worth is usually tied to how much you conform to the status quo. The less you look like everyone else, the more "threatening" you are to the social order, because the more you are directly challenging people to think outside their own narrow boxes -- and challenging their own levels of conformity. And most people find that uncomfortable to deal with.
Jessica
@jessica
13 years ago
70 posts
I agree, I am always told that my hair is beautiful.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form