Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dealing with ignorance

Joana Maria
@joana-maria
14 years ago
2 posts

most of the times when that happens to me (usually my mum) i just laught. she's pretty anoying saying to just cut them.

IGNORE. isn't worth it. it's your hair. your old enought to do whatever you want with it.

;)

updated by @joana-maria: 07/23/15 03:58:47PM
AJ Weedy
@aj-weedy
14 years ago
4 posts

i live in West Virginia..

nuff said.

tatyananashi
@tatyananashi
14 years ago
145 posts
Family always like this to me, but they've known me my whole life and know IDGAF. It started when I was young, I stopped eating meat when I was 8 because it was nauseating to me (at the time I had no idea there was a word for this). They called me picky and I was dubbed a troublemaker, and my father told me it was against god. Absurd, but as a kid you just feel alienated: you can't change who you are even if you try, it's never authentic. Well labels stick because once you're dubbed a black sheep of the family you always will be. My passions and activities were rarely regulated by my parents or siblings.Funny thing is maybe 8 years after becoming an unaware vegetarian my sisters all followed suit, but only temporarily as it was just a trend. Still I laughed at that.Now my dad still hates my hair but as he is a colossal ass I his only offspring who still talks to him (bygones And whatnot). When he mentions his dislike for my life choices I roll my eyes and shake my head. He knows that due to this persistent sense of self that I have I am not as manipulated or offended as my sisters and for that reason I have not shunned him, so he hates my freethinking but knows it is his saving grace at the same time. Family: what a joke sometimes huh? LolAnyway, when friends (and by that I mean more like acquaintances because real friends wouldn't GAD) say "you're so pretty without your locks/piercings" or the like, I respond with "and I'm prettier WITH" or "I'm more than just appearance" etc (because these people are normally run of the mill clones) and if anyone ever said they can smell my hair (which would be incorrect for sure!) I'd either shove my head in their face (can you smell me now?) or say something just as rude back, even if it were family or elders. I am usually not very insulting to people but some people are so rude, ignorant and offensive that I can sharpen my tongue and release necessary wrath.I also resort to self depreciating humor, it's a sarcastic way of mocking them, and most don't get it, which to me is funnier!
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
14 years ago
235 posts

LoL AJ.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form