Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

cutting dreads? donate to cancer patients

@soaring-eagle • 8 years ago • 28,807 posts:

At long last we are now able to help accept donations of dreads for cancer patients!
We had a wigmaker post who takes dreadlocks donations to make wigs for cancer patients

Unfortunately she then vanished and the year long search for a replacement began, in that time thousands have requested to donate thier dreads to cancer patients! Well really thousands every month expressed interest

I personaly contacted hundreds of wigmakers and groups that said they make wigs for cancer patients, not 1 would accept them. (1 and only 1 was receptive to the idea, but had not commited)

After daily calls the past 2 months someone on facebook saught me out to tell me about a service thier friends started!

dreads for friends I contacted them imediately and expect a call back in the next 2-3 days

dreadlockssite has had thousands and thousands of donation requests and we are proud to finaly have a group to partner with and get these donated dreads to cancer patients!

When a cancer patient loses thier dreadlocks to chemo, ofcourse they appreciate any wig, but only a dreadlocked wig, givin with love from another dreadlocks lover will make them feel whole, and like themselves again.

I will be contacting everyone who contacted me abiut donating to pass on this wonderful news!

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international

updated by @soaring-eagle: 08/25/15 10:45:53AM
@luke-decker • 8 years ago • 15 posts:

Or maybe not completely cut them off but just cut a lot off for those with really long dreads, just saying. I wish i could, but my dreads aren't long enough, I can't wait until they are down to my waist.

they already got 1 pledge to donate!

--

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international

thnx post on facebook and twitter too if u can..all over

--

@aaronthelegend • 8 years ago • 283 posts:

I saw this thing on yahoo, this lady had 4ft 9inches of dreads and cut them all off for Cancer donation (money) and made like 1,000+ british pounds (money).

@shedlight • 8 years ago • 3 posts:

Make that two pledges....I'm a little nervous to shed these locks but I think the time has come...especially if someone else who needs them will have them...

@crystal-o • 8 years ago • 137 posts:

I think this is awesome! I donated 13 inches of my hair a few years ago when it wasn't dreaded, it is good to know that when it gets too long for me even dreadlocked I can still donate it, nice clean dreadie donated hair for those unfortunate enough to not be able to grow their own! I love it!!!

@daniel-schwartz • 8 years ago • 1 posts:

Make it three pledges and if your interested in sponsoring a dread in my dread chopathon make your way to www.justgiving.com/byebyedreads.

Make that two pledges....I'm a little nervous to shed these locks but I think the time has come...especially if someone else who needs them will have them...

@lisasimpson • 7 years ago • 19 posts:

What a killer organization! I personally know a girl with cancer who would LOVE a dreadlock wig. She's fighting SO hard. Just know that if you are awesome enough to donate your locks, they truly do mean the world to the folks who receive them.
@crystal-o • 7 years ago • 137 posts:

Maybe someday my dreads with be mature and healthy enough and I will donate...I know I will be self-full though and want to keep them a while...can you grow them real long and cut a foot or so off to donate, or do they have to be cut close up to the root?
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form