Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Sadness

Mikey Mikez
@mikey-mikez
14 years ago
90 posts
people dont have to be polite when writing things on internet and are things sounding more harsh here cause u dont see emotion...its a forum and people discuss stuff and then dont agree... im satisfied with not agreeing rather than following the same principle like a 'sect'i also agree that we are pissed off sometimes about stuff happening in the world and inability to do something about it and there comes the emotions (recently immennsely popular cannabis duscussion..)than somebody somes around and takes a piss like just to have fun and make us all angry... :))) sorry about it but usually it isnt as serious as it feels...love is that we say our opinion instead of being nice but false... ;)
updated by @mikey-mikez: 07/23/15 05:11:16AM
O'Callaghan
@ocallaghan
14 years ago
57 posts
I understand what you're saying heather, it does suck when people are seeming aggressive or instigate-y. I'm still pretty new here and I have a kinda shoddy internet connection so I haven't gotten to browse as much as I'd like, and haven't noticed too much hostility here, but there are some in every group right? :D Don't let it dim your sunshine, sunshine! Cuz you sure do shine bright :D Much love lady!!!
Andelynn
@andelynn
14 years ago
50 posts
If it weren't for differences, then how can we learn to appreciate variety? If there weren't conflict how could we learn patience, and the grace needed to deal with them? If it weren't for frustrations, then how could we learn about tolerance and enough about ourselves to know what we like and don't like? Differences and conflict are ultimately opportunities to grow as people.Of course, I can say that much more easily than I can live it - but I try! ;P
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
i hear what you're saying mama but the thing is with sooo many people visiting this site all expressing our opinions in writing there's always bound to be someone who thinks we should have said it differently. I would rather hear someones actual opinion, even if it sounds harsh, than some watered down version of the truth so as not to hurt someones feelings. Nobody can make us feel anything that we don't allow them to. Plus how boring would it be if we all just agreed with each other just to be nice? LOL
I think a lot of people assume because we have dreads we must fit into the stereotype of being peace loving hippies that never get angry and just want to hug each other all the time. I for one don't like to be categorized and I really don't have any desire to conform to a stereotype or fit into a neat little box. So be careful with your assumptions and expectations of people based solely on their decision to grow dreadlocks because you may find yourself being let down more often than not. Andelynn said it beautifully! Conflict isn't always a negative thing. Much Love & Many Blessings
Heather B
@heather-b
14 years ago
53 posts
I'm not sure if I've misinterpreted some of the replies to this post or not, but my understanding is some people may have thought that I was saying I would prefer people to be dishonest as long as they're nice and I just want to make sure that people know and understand where I am coming from.I have seen many many posts on this site where people don't necessarily agree with someone else and they are not afraid to tell them so and yet they have the capability of communicating with love and kindness. Those are the posts that I enjoy reading. I like the discussions, especially where there is a difference of opinion so we get to learn from different people's experiences.I've learned a lot from posting my feelings tho'. I've been reminded that I get to choose what I read and don't read. I loved the analogy of it being like the "unknown person on the freeway". And I appreciate the reminder of the lack of tone and emotion through text. I also enjoyed being reminded of the fact that I can't recognize the beauty of good in the world if it wasn't thrown in with some less-good.So, hopefully I communicated a little better this time, and thank you for all the lessons in the replies! :D
RebelnYell
@rebelnyell
14 years ago
8 posts
I definitely agree with you. Balance is necessary for life. You have to experience both sides of the spectrum to truly appreciate the good. I know this is somewhat going of on a tangent but I believe this segment of one of William Cooper's interviews is very fitting for this topic.
To put it bluntly I don't understand how anyone whether it be on these forums or in the real world can believe or hope for a perfect world. The nature of the life is to have both sides of the spectrum. Please watch the video from around 1:30 to around 3:30ish.

Andelynn said:
If it weren't for differences, then how can we learn to appreciate variety? If there weren't conflict how could we learn patience, and the grace needed to deal with them? If it weren't for frustrations, then how could we learn about tolerance and enough about ourselves to know what we like and don't like? Differences and conflict are ultimately opportunities to grow as people.

Of course, I can say that much more easily than I can live it - but I try! ;P
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
It's slowly becoming like all the other dread forums where people are attacking one another for their decisions :("You're an idiot for not using Dr.Bonners, you won't dread using regular shampoo dickweed"Sighs : (
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
WORD!
Matted Dew
@matted-dew
14 years ago
213 posts
I COMPLETELY agree with what you're getting at here ms. Heather, and i aplaud you for doing so.I joined this forum about a year ago when it first started up and i eventually stopped really coming here beacuse of what you are talking about.this is the first forum i've been part of but i have kinda checkd out other dreadlock ones jut to see how they compared, and i do think that this(forum) was(maybe still kinda is) a smaller freindlier kinda communsitythang hahahahah.. who knows..back to my sumwhat of a poiiiint hahahaha, i completely agree with you and i think those hombres need to recognize what they are doing and how negative they really are actingNamaste
O'Callaghan
@ocallaghan
14 years ago
57 posts
Very, very well said heather. I agree with almost every response on here.I'm just going to put this out there...My friends and family in my personal life know me well, they know my sense of humor (I can be super serious and sarcastic)If I were to write on a forum of strangers exactly how I would respond normally, in text only, without the benefit of facial or emotional expression, I suspect I'd alienate most of you, which is not something I want.When I'm sitting at my computer, I have a chance to formulate statements and responses that I HOPE never sound aggressive, discriminatory, negative, or insulting. That's not what I want to promote.I'm not saying every post and statement should be dripping-in-sugar sweet, far from it. We owe each other honesty. But when one has a chance to think about what they're going to say, not being eye-to-eye with whoever is receiving it should have nothing to do with the level of animosity in whatever is being said. Have I made any sense?

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form