Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

make up

Fay Brotherhood
@fay-brotherhood
14 years ago
59 posts
Something I've observed, is that very few women with dreads seem to bother to wear make up........yet with the individuality, and the volume and the wildness... never mind the decoration, they never look plain, and they look far more beautiful than most people i ever see with well groomed hair do's and a style of polished perfection....perhaps dreads convey an sense of inner confidence? Put you more in touch with yourself?Any thoughts?
updated by @fay-brotherhood: 02/14/15 05:45:29AM
Apollo
@apollo
14 years ago
80 posts
i think girls who wear make up with dreads are hot xD
ashley ✿
@ashley
14 years ago
167 posts
well, i for one don't wear make up for a few reasons.the chemicals are a huge reason. the fact that allot of companies do testing on animals. i just dont think that i need any, and why waste my time slathering the stuff on if i dont need it, or want it on my face? plus, i think when women don't wear make-up it lets their inner beauty show, natural things are the best. and you may be onto something about dreads creating a higher confidence level, cause honestly they're just wonderful!
Kaitelyn
@kaitelyn
14 years ago
17 posts
ive stopped wearing make up since dreading up. it wasnt a conscious thing, i think i just feel more confortable with myself and not as pressured to fit in and appease everyone.
ashley ✿
@ashley
14 years ago
167 posts
ohhhh, i agree with you knottysleves! i didn't even really think about it that way until i saw what you wrote..i stopped wearing makeup around two years before i got dreads..
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
makeup just makes girls look like clowns all girls look better without makeup dreads just make em look extra amazing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
I never wore makeup, except for Halloween or other such theatrical experiences. I just never really thought about putting the stuff on in the first place.
Dave2
@dave2
14 years ago
71 posts
i much rather a woman without make-up. i know she's comfortable with herself therefore is not gonna try making you fit her lifestyle.hell it's almost a form of false advertising.Dont get me wrong if you want to wear make-up go for it i dont mind but dont feel like you have to.You see pix on t.v for photographic studios with before and after shots and some of the woman are totally trasformed into new people with make-up which to me is rather deceptive/deceitful.Locs + Female = Beautiful
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
Inner confidence? Totally. My mate (read fianc) was really apprehensive about my dreading up, up until he saw the amazing confidence boost it gave me! Now, I still wear make-up when the mood strikes, but it is in no way needed anymore. Plus, the dreads tend to be so wild that after a while you just stop caring what other people think and do what makes you most comfortable... for most of us, that means forgetting that make-up even exists xP.
Rae
@rae
14 years ago
74 posts
I rarely wear make-up, I didn't before I dreaded, and even less so now I suppose. I never really thought about it, my mother never pressured me, and I was/still am slightly oblivious to the social cues around me. I went on a few dates with a guy shortly after graduating highschool who said "You're pretty, I bet you'd be beautiful with make up on!" What a jerk...My boyfriend now says that getting dreads wasn't really a change for me, but rather my natural self coming out in a more visible way. He knows me so well!! Two months into this life style I feel that he's right, I'm happier, more confident in regards to my looks (and my dreads are Frizzy, objectively unattractive, babies at the momen) and just in general feel more like myself.TLDR: I don't need make up to change me, I feel perfect just how I am!
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form