Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks Forums

Homemade natural dread beads

Vates
@vates
7 years ago
66 posts
Ok so a couple months ago I was walking on the lake here and I collected some drift wood. Basically I am going to make some dread beads from the wood and would like to know if anyone wants some of them. I dont think my hair is long enough for them yet so if anyone is interested I will give you w/e bead I make for free I just need to know the diameters of how large of one you would like. The only thing I ask is to know how well the beads work and any suggestions for me to make the process better would be appreciated.hmmm and does anyone know if I will need to seal the wood with anything to keep it form adsorbing water ... ??
updated by @vates: 05/22/17 07:46:26PM
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
7 years ago
665 posts
What a great idea! I would love one! My dreads aren't very big, about the size around of a ball point pen. I would imagine you would want to seal them with something, but I really couldn't say what...maybe someone else here knows...? What beach were you on when you did your collecting? I love the ocean more than anything! Cool idea for beads...thank you :)
Vates
@vates
7 years ago
66 posts
its from Lake Okeechobee the big circle you see on the map in the middle of FL lol I live in a small town right off the lake :D ... and yea I just need to figure out a natural sealant I can use then I'll get right on making them asap
Hannah Clarke
@hannah-clarke
7 years ago
29 posts
I would absolutely adore one, but I'm from England and that would be way to far to post :( but I would still love to see some pictures!?
Bryce Forrest
@bryce-forrest
7 years ago
32 posts
i would love one, send me a personal message if your serious.yeah beeswax would probably work awesome as a sealant. but you could also always go unnatural like a laquer or urethane. but believe you me, more people would be interested if you DIDN'T do that. haha
Vates
@vates
7 years ago
66 posts
Someone let Jonny Clean know I found a dread related use for beeswax lmfao

updated by @vates: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
sadangel777
@sadangel777
7 years ago
68 posts
Ooooooh Yes, Please!!! Mine are about the size of a ball point pen, too, maybe even a little smaller. : )
MzElaineous
@mzelaineous
7 years ago
87 posts
I'd tell Jonny if he read anything other than his awful gigantic thread...don't want to add to the madness or length.

Oh wow, they look gorgeous! I would love a small bead; the size of around a ball point pen. Also, I have an extra pewter bead or a medium sized scorpion pendant if you would like to trade. :)

Vates said:
Someone let Jonny Clean know I found a dread related use for beeswax lmfao

updated by @mzelaineous: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Vates
@vates
7 years ago
66 posts
Anyone who wants one go ahead and message me with the style of bead you would like and size and I'll need your mailing address so I can send it out to ya asap :)
BLK
@blk
7 years ago
6 posts
You basically sound like me! haha. I started making a bead out of driftwood but the project came to a bitter halt when I got a nasty sliver half the width of my thumb UNDER my thumb nail. Haha. So sick. So thank you for reminding me to finish my bead. I'm going to decorate it a little bit either with paint or a simple carving and then varnish it so that it won't rot! I never even considered bees wax- Genius!I hope yours turns out! It's fun to have beads in your hair! I recommend trying to fit one in as soon as you can, because it's like a special bond with that dread. Haha.:) Peace
 / 2

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form