Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Can you believe this shit?!

Tilo
@tilo
14 years ago
10 posts
My girlfriend and I literally just broke up after 3-4ish years just because she didnt agree with me dreading my hair. are you fuckin serious?! I guess if a relationship cant handle a simple change of hair then it isnt meant to be. Cant help but try to vent. sorry...and you all are very down to earth so this seems the place to be.
updated by @tilo: 01/13/15 08:47:09PM
Tilo
@tilo
14 years ago
10 posts
attempted to...yes. her views are so skewed. she believes that i must report to her everything i do....yeah thats not me and not how things should be imo
Tilo
@tilo
14 years ago
10 posts
amen to that. guess its time to live it up. =D
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dreads will seperate the superficial from the worthwhile so i guess its a good thing to find out now just too bad u didnt find out sooner

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ashley ✿
@ashley
14 years ago
167 posts
wow..i can't believe someone would be so shallow..
Tilo
@tilo
14 years ago
10 posts
yeah i guess i just dont understand...how im the selfish one? thats what im gettin blamed for. ive convinced my family to be alright with it. which was the hard part...or so i thought. but its done and over with now...no sense on dwelling on it. time to move forward and live my life how i think it should be lived....with potentially amazing dreads lol
ashley ✿
@ashley
14 years ago
167 posts
nice! soo true!

Knottysleeves said:
Yeah... selfish for making your own choices about your appearance?! That's just nuts.

I don't get how your appearance is any of her business anyway. You're a person with free will, not a doll that she can dress up to her own tastes and get to do her bidding.

As SE said, at least you found this out now rather than later. :-)
Bruce
@bruce
14 years ago
19 posts
In some relationships it is not about being in love with you, but how they will be scene with you as there partner and this sounds like the case , you will find someone who loves you no mater weather you have dreads or not
GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
14 years ago
155 posts
First off that sucks dudeI kind of went thru what you did but backwards, a long time ago when I had my first set of dreads they were backcombed, and at the time it was like my girl friend just liked me cause of my dreads, so for alot of reasons I cut them and we broke up.But now I have a girl friend and another set of dreads, and its kind of funny her hair is like 4 inches long and mines like a foot atleast in parts a little less then others. But she likes my dreads but sometimes gets annoyed with them especially when they get in the way of our fun.
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
I'm sorry you're going through this but honestly it's better off happening now then 10 years down the line. You have every right to express yourself however you choose and anyone that doesn't see that is definitely a control freak. Sending love & good vibes your way!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form