Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Lock Count

Matted Dew
@matted-dew
15 years ago
213 posts
I've just always wonderd what the average number of locks on most of dreadies heads might be?Just wondering, i guess it's as important as How many licks till the center of the tootsiepop...I think i got 25 last time i attempted a countWhats everybodys lockcount at?
updated by @matted-dew: 02/14/15 05:33:34AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
last year i counted something like 250 beforee getting lostthen i started to congoa year congoing andlast attempt at counting was 83 ends 54 roots but i think that wasnt rightas many as 6 combined into 1 all over the placeits really really hard to countmaybe after i move ill get chevy to tryi get too tangled up when i try

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
hmm,,, When i first counted i had exactly 50,, now ive got 48, all in different thickness
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
yea when i counted the 250 that was with 30 babies thats when i decided enough was enough and was tired of hgetting all tied up trying to keep track of em all so stopped ripping a year (goin on 15 months now with only the tinies bit of maintenance just to keep the already bigger congos from joining eachother)ive known a few ppl with unidreads too]and 1 guy who had what looked like a hand sticking out the top of his head waving (thick unidread "wrist" with a flatter "palm" and 5 finger dreads commin out of thati read thast when ppl get those sisterdreads (whatever thsat means) the average is 800that woukd drive me insane when they get long Jelly said:
i put this in another thread, but...

currently i have counted 42, there are more forming and I think in an month or so the count will be around 52. i keep finding new babies; i could be up to 10 new ones now. In the past two sets (this is my third) I have had in the range of 30-40. I think, in the case of "natural/neglect" dreads, it depends on how your hair laid to begin with.

There is no "correct" or even a reliable average count. I mean, some ppl here have had 100s I have personally seen just one reeeeeaaly long one. But for trivia's sake it's fun to ask. 8)

J

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
does it matter
@does-it-matter
15 years ago
31 posts
34 right now, but atleast two babies coming in, i got one puff in the back between dreads that is gonna im sure matt up, and then one in front that i have like a rectangle shaped base, ish...and some of it is coming out, like the back half, so eventually im sure more will come apart, its like not natural the way it is, so i think with time, it'll split actually into one dread with un dreaded section next to it, which will in short time, start its own mess, lol.all gravy, finally getting some nice locking started, some loosies here and there but overrall, coming along :D
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
I made it to around 80 before getting mixed up, I believe I have over 100 but don't know. I'll try counting again when they get longer and I'm done letting them congo. Also I still have a bit of loose hair so that may end up being between 5 and 10 more.
MountainWillow
@mountainwillow
15 years ago
141 posts
I cant remember my last count and im being lazy tonigth so Im going to guess somewhere around 50ish..I do think I have about 2 new ones that will form in time around my nape. As I see some puffy balls of hair at the hairline at my neck.And I have some rebelling hairs on top that arent crazy about joining the other dreads, and since im not maintaining really at all (gasp- LOL) I see them probably forming their own clans before too long.
Kellye
@kellye
15 years ago
91 posts
i just counted them i have 59. a couple of babies and my congo hasnt formed that well so i counted it as 2.to much for me trip rip without pain not enough that it looks much
BrotherMat
@brothermat
15 years ago
11 posts
Around 50, maybe 60 for me
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form