Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help please...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
read more thenive seen many casses where excessive palm rolling twisting root rubbing and especialy crochetting has weakened dreads to the point of breakageok we know crochetting causes weakness by perforating the dread causinf thousands of haors to breakbut palm rolling and more so root rubbing does what? causes friction. hairs rubbing against hairs wearring away at the sheath that coveres the hair shaft weakkening it eventualy wearing throighbrushing or combing out knots caused dammage in unknotted haior so whyu wouldnt excessive rubbing?can you see the inside of your dreads? if not you cant see the dammage being caused there can youas i said some will not do dreastic harm (or much good) but excessive rubbing twusting and rolling has often lead to dread loss over time

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/22/15 06:14:12AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
where have u ever read root rubbings good?palm rolling yea i read thats gopod many places..but not 1 site thats not either a knottyboy/dreadheadhq close or just full of total newbies ever say root rubbings goodroot rubbing does nothing good..period.. its only dammage nothing more.. roots aree self maintaining they need absolutely no help to dread..anything u do do to the roots is purely dammaging because nothing can help as process that needs no helpagain ill ask u.. yake 1 dread thats hidden out of site mark it so u know which 1 it is..and dont rub or roll that 1 dread and see for yourself the rubbings and rollinhgs do almost no good at allespecialy the root rubbing which is completely pointless

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
rubbing dont prevent congos only seperating them doesthey tell you to rub to dread thye rootrs tighter to the scalpthis is pointlessdreads wont dread right to the scalp (except in african hair)if they are dreaded to the scalp it can cause alot of issues (sun burned bald spots uneven pulling pain inproperly cleaned scalps to name a few)if u stop rubbing..not for a week or 2 but months you will see the roots do in fact take care of themselves perfectly wityh the exception of needing to seperate to prevent comngos that is alll roots will ever need

--
Electric Mama
@electric-mama
15 years ago
80 posts
I HAVE 40 OF THEM, SO UR NOT TOO FAR OFF FROM ME!! LOL
Electric Mama
@electric-mama
15 years ago
80 posts
I WANT TO ADD THAT MY ROOTS DO NOT TAKE CARE OF THEM SELF, SO I ROOT RUB MAYBE EVERY MONTH OR 2, NOT SURE. I DONT SPEND A LOT OF TIME OF EACH ROOT, JUST JUST ENOUGH TO TIGHTEN THE TOP OF THE DREAD ( SORRY BOUT THE CAPS, I DONT HAVE MY GLASSES ON)I ALSO PALM ROLE NOW AND THEN AS WELL. I FIND THIS METHOD TO WORK FINE FOR ME.MY HAIR IS VERY THINK AND CURLY, AND IT ALWAYS WANTS TO DREAD TOGETHER, SO THIS KEEPS THEM SEPARATED. THIS WORKS FOR ME, BUT EVERY ONE IS DIFFERENT. Jess Gergely said:
i don't think you've seen my video on my page. in two weeks time, sometimes even more than two weeks, my roots do not dread on their own. all they do is congo, & i dislike that so much. i do not want all my dreads together, i want individual ones. i maintenance my dreads, big deal.
like i said, from personal experiences, seeing as i speak for aerek, ciara AND myself...root rubbing, palm rolling, & whatever else we do to our dreads that is considered maintenance has done absolutely NO damage whatsoever. our dreads do not maintain themselves, so WE do it.ask ciara. she'll tell you exactly what i'm saying to you right now. she fully agrees.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
jess again its never been anything against you i really like youbutif its commonm kn\owledge that root rubbing does more dammagethen good shouldnt everyone who isnt you have accurate info?right now there can be 50 other people who are not or never will be members of the site just reading up for infothese people desserve not to just know well jess does it so that makes it ok but they need to know whats known by most who have dreaded for years whatever methiods they used they desserve every opinion out there yours mine everyones including facts about the dangers of every methodim sorry if it upsets you to see not everyone agreeing with you but the fact remains your way folloewws more closely the misinformation and lies sprewad by product pushers then it does by the common knowledge and collective wisdom of thousands of years of dreadingyou can read up on dozens of other sites as well that root rubbing is not recomendedciara i have a feeling your root issues are more about how u tie em up so much my freind kaya had that issue topo from how she tied hers so the roots couldnt move enough to knot

--
Electric Mama
@electric-mama
15 years ago
80 posts
WELL I HAVE A JOB AND IT IS NECESSARY . YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND THAT EVERY ONE IS DIFFERENT, AND IF THEY WANT TO DO WHAT THEY WANT WHO CARES. IF YOU WANT TO SAY ROOT RUBBING IS BAD, THEN MAKE A SEPARATE THREAD FOR THAT. DON'T GO STATING THAT WHEN OTHER PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO EXPLAIN WHAT WORKS FOR THEM. SO DON'T TELL ME WHAT I DO IS WRONG, I AM A GROWN WOMAN, AND I DECIDED WHAT IS BEST FOR ME! IF YOU WANT TO PUT THE INFO OUT FOR PEOPLE PLEASE DO IT IN A DIFFERENT THREAD IN A NON CONTROLLING WAY. NOT EVERYONE IS GOING TO LISTEN TO WHAT EVERY ONE SAYS, AND THAT IS LIFEJESS WAS JUST TRYING TO STATE WHAT WORKS WELL FOR HER. APPARENTLY THERES NO DAMAGE OR ANYTHING WRONG WITH HER DREADS, SO MAYBE ITS NOT WRONG FOR HER. IF IT WORKS FOR HER, THEN IT MIGHT WORK FOR SOMEONE ELSE.I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANY MORE ABOUT THIS MATTER, I AM WASHING MY HANDS OF IT. soaringeagle said:
jess again its never been anything against you i really like you
but
if its commonm kn\owledge that root rubbing does more dammagethen good shouldnt everyone who isnt you have accurate info?
right now there can be 50 other people who are not or never will be members of the site just reading up for info
these people desserve not to just know well jess does it so that makes it ok but they need to know whats known by most who have dreaded for years whatever methiods they used they desserve every opinion out there yours mine everyones including facts about the dangers of every method
im sorry if it upsets you to see not everyone agreeing with you but the fact remains your way folloewws more closely the misinformation and lies sprewad by product pushers then it does by the common knowledge and collective wisdom of thousands of years of dreading
you can read up on dozens of other sites as well that root rubbing is not recomended

ciara i have a feeling your root issues are more about how u tie em up so much my freind kaya had that issue topo from how she tied hers so the roots couldnt move enough to knot
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i dont even know why we got on the subject since the threads about nothing related, its about dread size and number which has nothing at all to do with anything but the section sizesso im really clueless how we even got on the subject

--
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
SE how does a tam effect the roots? Is it similair to tying them up?I use a tam most days when I am making food at the restaurant but when I am not working I just let them free. Is a tam better than tying them back/up? soaringeagle said:
but
if its commonm kn\owledge that root rubbing does more dammagethen good shouldnt everyone who isnt you have accurate info?
right now there can be 50 other people who are not or never will be members of the site just reading up for info
these people desserve not to just know well jess does it so that makes it ok but they need to know whats known by most who have dreaded for years whatever methiods they used they desserve every opinion out there yours mine everyones including facts about the dangers of every method
im sorry if it upsets you to see not everyone agreeing with you but the fact remains your way folloewws more closely the misinformation and lies sprewad by product pushers then it does by the common knowledge and collective wisdom of thousands of years of dreading
you can read up on dozens of other sites as well that root rubbing is not recomended

ciara i have a feeling your root issues are more about how u tie em up so much my freind kaya had that issue topo from how she tied hers so the roots couldnt move enough to knot
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
sholuld be yea tying around the dreads holds em backl but keeps the roots from moving alot ..tucking into a tam they movr and get compressed too so should actualy helpthe only time ive seen roots not want to dread well (more then an onch or 2) was from keeping em tied up most of the timei ssupose an oily scalp can make roots lil hard to knot too but theres ways around tyhattyoing em up is fine as long as its not too tight for too long, if thats the way you normaly wear em tie em looser or make a point of leaving em down a few hours b4 bed and the whole day after washing (when the most knotting occurs) Didjeridurian said:
SE how does a tam effect the roots? Is it similair to tying them up?

I use a tam most days when I am making food at the restaurant but when I am not working I just let them free. Is a tam better than tying them back/up?

soaringeagle said:
but

--

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form