Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

When to trim

Daveovthedead
@daveovthedead
14 years ago
20 posts
dude. you jsut said it yourself. You have short dreads and your 19... don't be stubborn. I totoally get what your saying. But I'm sure a point in time will come when you'll say "Damn, this is a pain in teh ass to wash!" Habe your principles, but don't sound like an ass. Jack Roth said:
I just dont think about it, and i dont care how much they weigh FUCK cutting them. To me how long ure dreads are is howw old and wise u are. I have short dreads and im 19 years old, i hope by the time im 50 i will be wiser than i am now and my locks will also be longer :D

Dave Sullivan said:
yea I personally don't really even having trimming as a thought in my mind. I just don't look forward to them being cumbersome and weighing 30 pounds.

Where do you live? Somewhere around philly?

updated by @daveovthedead: 07/23/15 03:46:08AM
Daveovthedead
@daveovthedead
14 years ago
20 posts
Did anyone actually think about the question or jsut do an auto-pilot " Fuck that I'm enver cutting them!" I got a few good responses, but I'm looking for reasoning, not just answers from people who have had locks for less than a year comentating on what they think having long dreadlocks would be like.
recoverytrouble
@recoverytrouble
14 years ago
70 posts
You asked a question and got responses. At this point in his life Jack Roth believes he will never cut them. As he & his dreads mature his opinion and lifestyle may change, or it may not. He is answering your question now with his present opinion. Everyone will have their own reasoning.Myself, I can see me trimming or even cutting them shorter to maybe even 6 inches or so if I felt the need or for a change of scenery. Hypothetically of course, I would have to be very sure before I went for it. Once they become too heavy or start to get cumbersome I will definitely trim them semi regularly. I think mid back to just above my butt will bw more than long enough for me personally. Dave Sullivan said:
Did anyone actually think about the question or jsut do an auto-pilot " Fuck that I'm enver cutting them!" I got a few good responses, but I'm looking for reasoning, not just answers from people who have had locks for less than a year comentating on what they think having long dreadlocks would be like.
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
wow that was harsh. Don't ask an open question if you don't want people to give you an honest answer! I don't think Jack was the one sounding like an ass in this thread YOU were! Dave Sullivan said:
dude. you jsut said it yourself. You have short dreads and your 19... don't be stubborn. I totoally get what your saying. But I'm sure a point in time will come when you'll say "Damn, this is a pain in teh ass to wash!" Habe your principles, but don't sound like an ass.

Jack Roth said:
I just dont think about it, and i dont care how much they weigh FUCK cutting them. To me how long ure dreads are is howw old and wise u are. I have short dreads and im 19 years old, i hope by the time im 50 i will be wiser than i am now and my locks will also be longer :D

Dave Sullivan said:
yea I personally don't really even having trimming as a thought in my mind. I just don't look forward to them being cumbersome and weighing 30 pounds.

Where do you live? Somewhere around philly?
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
??...one person (Jack) said he couldn't imagine cutting them besides SE...and so what? that's his opinion...mine are only a few months old and I can't imagine them cutting them either...but I don't know what I'll want later on...I can't see myself with dreads past my feet...I think that would be when I might consider trimming...Next time specify that you don't want everyone 's opinions... Dave Sullivan said:
Daveovthedead
@daveovthedead
14 years ago
20 posts
Well in that case I apologize. I was just in a pissed off mood. It happens
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
when they are 12 feet long they make a great belt

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1