Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

considering cutting my dreads and starting natural

orbit2332
@orbit2332
14 years ago
65 posts
i was just wanting to hear some input on my dreads, i have been seriously considering shaving my head and going all natural. so far all the pros have been out weighing the cons. i know i will be much happier with natural dreads, yet i ve had mine now for 2 years and very attached to them. i maintained them for about a year and have considerable damage, fuck dhhq. i would also like to get rid of all the bad energy associated with the maintenance. i would love to have a free form garden on my head formed by God, than a man made forced store bought version. also my daughter is due to be born in 11 days so i feel it would be a good way to start this next chapter of my life. any input would be appreciated.
updated by @orbit2332: 02/14/15 07:51:27AM
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
No input other than follow your heart and congrats on your baby:)
orbit2332
@orbit2332
14 years ago
65 posts
Thanks a lot were really excited. Probably gonna end up cuttin em Island Mamma said:
No input other than follow your heart and congrats on your baby:)
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
Why Shave your head? Why not just comb them out with conditioner? you can go natural after that without waiting 3 years for your hair to grow back out?
orbit2332
@orbit2332
14 years ago
65 posts
man i have so many broken hairs. its been two years my dreads are like rocks lol. i would loose almost all my hair if i did that. plus i would wanna start out with new fresh positive energy in my hair. good thought but my hairs to messed up Alden said:
Why Shave your head? Why not just comb them out with conditioner? you can go natural after that without waiting 3 years for your hair to grow back out?
orbit2332
@orbit2332
14 years ago
65 posts
thx a lot. i know i would be exponentially happier with natural, it would suck to have to start from nothing but im sure its gonna be worth it. its good to know how happier u are with ur 2nd set too. Knottysleeves said:
Good luck! You have such a positive outlook, I'm sure your new natural set is gonna rock.
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
Good luck then Sir, I hope you enjoy a fresh start, it's never the same but it's always exciting.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i have a freind well havent heard from her in ages but shes in germany her dads in belize living in the jungle her dad sis the same shaved his dreads the day she was born and started growing new ones that was 45 years ago theyre now very long and he loses parts off the ends alott (beard dreads too) he sends her all the broken peices and shes made pillows out of them and sleeps on emif u feel u should then the day your cjhilds born is a great day for youir dreads to be borni know both of u want to dread naturaly so that would be an awesome day to start symboliclyand i think combing out cutting off the worse damaged parts and starting with whatever u can salvage makes sence an inch yo 3 saved would be a great start

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
colbi godlove
@colbi-godlove
14 years ago
48 posts
By judging your heart mind and soul, You should for sure start over natural. I dont believe in tattooing names, but im putting beads thatll spell my childrens names when i have kids
orbit2332
@orbit2332
14 years ago
65 posts
thats quite awesome se thats a really good idea. thanks for all the supportthe beads with your kids names on em are a great idea. i think im gonna do that too if u dont mind.yeah im glad i had the dhhq dreads too cause now i know what not to do, and my new set will be epic. thx everyone
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form