Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

celebrating freedom from dreadheadhq lies and knotty jonny clean misinformation

Raging Roots Amy
@raging-roots-amy
14 years ago
73 posts
I have something fun to announce. I was previously a DreadHeadHQ sponsored member. My locks are nearly 6 months old and I became sponsored when there were 3 months old. At the time I really loved my DHHQ soap and Lock Peppa and Loose Hair Tool and though KnottyJonnyClean was the shit. But, through my experience of being sponsored I discovered that KJC is not what I thought. I used to be so saddened when I saw people on this board accusing him of pushing products that he knows ruin dreads or that he was only in it for the money. However, the three months between then and now have shown me the startling and disppointing truth that YOU WERE RIGHT.Today, I sent my official e-mail asking that I be removed as a DHHQ sponsored member, so I thought I would share with you the e-mail I sent him for your entertainment:"Dear Jonny,I have come to the conclusion that I can no longer, in good conscious, remain a sponsored member of DreadHeadHQ. While I appreciate the offer, it has come to my attention that our philosophies about dreadlocks are too different in order for my sponsorship to work -- my philosophy involving the free exchange of information regardless of anyone's personal agenda, and yours, well, not. If I had realized, at the get go, that being a DreadHeadHQ sponsored member required being a mindless, brainwashed fan of yours without any possibility of free thinking then I may have never applied at all. Do not expect any more orders from me either, as I have become thoroughly disgusted with the market-driven way in which DreadHeadHQ is run, usually at the expense of ignorant customers who don't realize there are other options available. (A fact, by the way, your website and manner of answering questions does not help.)I have it on good authority through a few degrees of separation that if I were to 'continue' our discussion about BS/ACV you would have revoked my sponsorship anyway. I should add here, that I think it's cowardly yet arrogant that you would consider doing so simply because I questioned your authority with sound, scientific information. I didn't realize that the facebook page for DreadHeadHQ was a KnottyJonnyClean fan page. I was under the impression that it was a place for your product users to come for accurate and usable advice.I will continue to visit your facebook and help where I am able. In doing so I, as I have been doing all along, will be mindful of not posting blatantly anti-product messages on your wall. (Which, by the way, I don't feel that our discussion about BS/ACV was.)Thank you again for the opportunity, but I must respectfully decline. May your path be smooth and your life blessed."SO HAPPY FREEDOM FROM DHHQ DAY TO ME!!!
updated by @raging-roots-amy: 02/14/15 07:45:19AM
Raging Roots Amy
@raging-roots-amy
14 years ago
73 posts
Totally.... now I can stop censoring myself on my blog and be totally honest about expressing my opinions about certain products. :-) Knottysleeves said:
Congrats on your "Freedom from DHHQ"! ;-)

Much respect to you for following your conscience and being ethical about wanting customers to have all the available information. That's what we all wish DHHQ would do -- most of the dislike here (and on other sites) for JohnnyClean isn't because he sells dread products, but because he pushes those products as the best & only way to have "nice" & socially-acceptable locks, full stop. He clearly doesn't want customers to know what all the alternatives are or to make up their own minds. He could earn SO much more respect in the dread community (and customers!) if he was just open and honest, and didn't spend so much time vilifying people who don't like or recommend dread wax as "anti-wax haters" and such. Anyways...

It's a shame whenever a business relationship breaks down, but it sounds like you'll both be happier this way?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
mat i change the title? i'll change it if u dont agree with it change it back

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raging Roots Amy
@raging-roots-amy
14 years ago
73 posts
I guess :-)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
what i love is you didnt even tell the whole truth that bs/acv is superiur to his crap u just said if u cant afford his crap you CAN USE IT thatsa all and that triggered a campain against anything u can possibly ever use that dont come from himi bet if u dared to suggest that a beads a bead and u can use any old bead hed come up with scientific reasons why only his beads will work

--
Raging Roots Amy
@raging-roots-amy
14 years ago
73 posts
LOL Yeah... exactly. Like the new title, btw. ;-) soaringeagle said:
what i love is you didnt even tell the whole truth that bs/acv is superiur to his crap u just said if u cant afford his crap you CAN USE IT thatsa all and that triggered a campain against anything u can possibly ever use that dont come from him

i bet if u dared to suggest that a beads a bead and u can use any old bead hed come up with scientific reasons why only his beads will work
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
hope jenn posts too really loved the way she put things ;)

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
btw what the hell is an officialy sponsored dreadheadhq dreadhead anyway besides having to sign a contract to never say anything bad about dreadheadhq

--
Raging Roots Amy
@raging-roots-amy
14 years ago
73 posts
KJC will sponsor anyone who is involved in a particular trade or is a performer of some kind (that he feels would help spread the word about DHHQ) and as a sponsored member you can purchase 'Ops' (which are usually less than $1) that are like achievements (one was... to submit a photo journal of your dread progress from day 1 to 6 months) and you get 'dread points' from doing that op that translate into discounts on DHHQ stuff you buy. soaringeagle said:
btw what the hell is an officialy sponsored dreadheadhq dreadhead anyway besides having to sign a contract to never say anything bad about dreadheadhq
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
and this is why there are 10,000 fake ass websites all pointing to dhhq crap KnottyMama said:
KJC will sponsor anyone who is involved in a particular trade or is a performer of some kind (that he feels would help spread the word about DHHQ) and as a sponsored member you can purchase 'Ops' (which are usually less than $1) that are like achievements (one was... to submit a photo journal of your dread progress from day 1 to 6 months) and you get 'dread points' from doing that op that translate into discounts on DHHQ stuff you buy.

soaringeagle said:

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form