Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

designer dreads, why pay so much for a label?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
all my life ive been a levis kinda guyjeans just need to fit and not wear out too fastive seen people with designer jeans costing 200-600 dollarsthat wore out faster then my good ol reliable 20 dollar levisso whats this got to do with dreads? the labelmy dreads that lasted 20 years and counting costs 0dreadjeadhq or knottyboy "designer dreads"well the costs can vary by the specific models u choosebutlets start with a 70 dollar dread kit2-60 in wax for 1st couple monthssome flakes called lock pepa i dunno 6 bucks? 8? never priced it10-40 for way over priced saly (remember your only paying for a label here not quality or quantity just a label)soapstoolswraps to proudly show off your dreadheadhq/knottyboy labelt shirts with the logothe list goes on and onbut,, do your expensive designer label dreads withstand the test of time?1 in 1000 lastyou walk around looking silly proudly displaying your label on your designer dreads acting like its some sort of status symbolwaving that old banner that says "at least i got my dreads in a day and i dont have a loose hair..oh and look theyre hard as a rock too"but then what do you do 6 months later? a year// maybe 3 if your lucky?toss your worn out old stinky designer dreads and pull on the good ol confy dreadsthe dreads that just fit rightthey mat not sport a fancy labelthey maybe frayed at the kneesbut theyre dreads you can live in and dreads that will last a lifetimethere will always be those who prefer a label over comfort over value and over sensibilitybut i'm proud to be wearing dreads without a brand name attacheddreads that have far more value then the monetary price tag.im proud to have home made or home grown dreadsat least theyre mine not pre packaged branded and patent pended.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 03:31:15AM
Omega Yeti
@omega-yeti
14 years ago
20 posts
I agree with this whole heartily, I tried the wax a year or more ago and they just didn't feel good, always felt like candles. Now that I've waited some time and have tried again with a much more natural approach, they feel nice and light and flexible, like a cushion or something.
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
I think its dumb how they think they can put a label on something thats been around for so long and basically comes from nature. Its almost as bad as bottled water!!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ricky thats alotta words that could be shortened to 1 "scam"200 years ago there were "snake oil salesman" who made a living selling useless garbage but making miraculous claims .in 20 years there will be a new term used. "hair wax salesman" it will have the same meaning someone who sells you stuff you dint want or need by convincing you you do want and need it.

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
in fact i bet in the future there will be a term used for being scammed.. i was johnny cleaned OUT

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
id laugh so hard if i saw him on the streets..lol

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
do you think theyre stiff enough to be considered deadly weapons? ricky williams said:
he sees you and his waxlocks fall out and break through the pavement

soaringeagle said:
id laugh so hard if i saw him on the streets..lol

--
benjah
@benjah
14 years ago
114 posts
hey, S.E. you should right a book or somting. (though i guess youve "written" this website)almost every post /comment of yoursthat i've read, makes total sense, are usually funny, always deep and im sure very helpfull to those that need know.peace and respect brother.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
if i wrote a book it would take time away from the site and all u wonderful peopleand would drive my editor insane fixing typos and the total lack of punctuation and capitalization

--
benjah
@benjah
14 years ago
114 posts
soaringeagle said:
if i wrote a book it would take time away from the site and all u wonderful people
and would drive my editor insane fixing typos and the total lack of punctuation and capitalization
the typos lack of'.,:-*%$"1 its all good man! aNd cAPs? who needs em anyways!Maybe someone should just fish all your bits and bobs from here and put em in some sorts order.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form