Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreadlocks here dreadlocks there dreadlocks everywhere

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
where do you see the most dreadlocks? what cities around the world have the most dreads?i ofcourse see a whole lot out in the woods at gatherings, but i think the most ive ever seen in 1 place at 1 time would be the odunde fest in philadelphiathousands of dreads crammed into a 5 block areaofcourse ive never been to jamacia or the caribean but i assume theres far more there and other places around the worldso my queston is whats it like where you are do you blend in to a sea of dreads or stand out as the only dread within 100 miles.wherre do u see the most dreadlocks?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 03:31:31AM
Peter Lang
@peter-lang
14 years ago
13 posts
not really any from my part of florida...im kinda like a lone ranger lol but i like that. Ummm... the city i grew up in Homestead, Fl had a ton of dreadheads everywere. Most were african american tho, still to this day i dont see many caucasion dreads and have seen 0 hispanic ones around here or there for a matter of fact
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
gotta agree on florida, seen maybe 2-3people with them, and alot of young locks that were maybe a few inches long,met one guy who had them down his back but said it got too hot to keep them and I would understand when mine got longer,<-- hispanic btw,, well half anyways :Pstrangely enough i saw alot of people with dreadlocks in Fiji and New Zealand when i was there.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dc is the most depressing city i ever been ini do see alot both black and white around philly but also oregon new orleans (but havent been there in years) colorasdo too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Bahamas for me. Saw a pretty kool white guy there with blonde dreads but most guys there were african american and most had dreads as well. They all had the kool accent too, haha. I actually think that I MAY have seen a dreadhead in Wyoming but he had a tam on so who knows. I'd like to visit New Zealand one day. I'm moving to Washington next year and I'm going to be going to the gathering so I'm sure that I'll see lots of dreads next year. Momma has dreads already told me there were a lot of dread heads in Washington. =)
benjah
@benjah
14 years ago
114 posts
Not many dreads in my living area during the normal running of things, see more dreads when festival season starts, VW shows and the big chill are some good dread spotting sites but im one of the few over here.
Earth Rose
@earth-rose
14 years ago
38 posts
I live in Ocean Beach, San Diego and I'd say there is definitely a fair share of dreadies in my town. I mean, my boyfriend and two of my roommates have dreads, and well as many of my friends. OB is a town for travelers, there are always tons of traveling dreads coming in and out. Most places of business employ dreadheads because they give an authentic hippie vibe for their shops!
Cavewoman
@cavewoman
14 years ago
165 posts
In agree. Most beachy areas in so cal will have a good amount of dreadies. I hear there are alot up north as well. But im out here in riverside and I see a few (usually during the art walk).I mostly see them when my family goes to quartzsite, AZ though. During the gem show you see alot of them. and when i went to niagra falls in canada i saw quite a few as well. Earth Rose said:
I live in Ocean Beach, San Diego and I'd say there is definitely a fair share of dreadies in my town. I mean, my boyfriend and two of my roommates have dreads, and well as many of my friends. OB is a town for travelers, there are always tons of traveling dreads coming in and out. Most places of business employ dreadheads because they give an authentic hippie vibe for their shops!
Earth Rose
@earth-rose
14 years ago
38 posts
My brother lives in Arcata, by Humboldt and says he's the odd one out without them! Nomadian said:
In agree. Most beachy areas in so cal will have a good amount of dreadies. I hear there are alot up north as well. But im out here in riverside and I see a few (usually during the art walk).
I mostly see them when my family goes to quartzsite, AZ though. During the gem show you see alot of them. and when i went to niagra falls in canada i saw quite a few as well.

Earth Rose said:
Jah Lady
@jah-lady
13 years ago
2 posts
Here in Cape Town, dreadlocks are nothing out of the ordinary. everyone loves them dreadies and herb. :)
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form