Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Living Tree Furniture

Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
So I was surfin around and happened upon this amazing couple and their 'living tree furniture garden'. This is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. I'm so envious that I'm thinking of researching and trying it out for myself. But just look at these pictures from their site; http://www.pooktre.com Couldn't get this image to flip, but all the same, it's still amazing.
updated by @alden: 02/14/15 11:36:56AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
wpw amazing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
isn't it, it takes years for each piece to grow, but it's well worth the time and effort put into them. Real, natural art. That mirror alone took 8 years to grow to the size shown.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
if i had some land id definately try something like that..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
14 years ago
155 posts
Im most amazed by the table and the chair thats pretty crazy.
Lindsay3
@lindsay3
14 years ago
32 posts
This is so neat! I would love to make tree furniture but I dont think I would have enough patience I would want to use it...NOW :) That furniture is so beautiful :)
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Very cool , I admire their creativity and patience. I am inspired :)
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
lindsay pelletier said:
im assuming specific trees bend to mold best anyone have any idea....i have lots of iron wood in my back yard its strong but i dont know how plyable.
well, I believe that certain types of trees would be better to use than others, such as willows as they grow rather rapidly (up to 2 1/2 feet a year, depending on the type of willow), but I guess they shape the trees when they are young and more malleable. So with that, I assume that you could potentially use any type of tree you desired, tho your end results will vary based upon the rate of growth for that type of tree.
Hannah D
@hannah-d
14 years ago
8 posts
wow this is amazing i wish i had the time to do this,i too envy their furniture!
Dion Pyle
@dion-pyle
13 years ago
5 posts

hmm, that a fruit tree? Bark looks almost Blossoming Cherryish.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form