Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

new site costs and features comming in july (please read)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ok so the upkeep of the site will be increasing in july (actually for most it will be less then we pay but because of the high number of pics and the activity on the site we will want to go with the pro level)the costs will be double what were paying now, which maybe fineour 1st month accepting donations we made enough to cover the increased costs.we will have to see what the next month brings inalso the run your own adds is included so the google adds on the right will now pay into site upkeepall ning links will be removed toowe will have an option as well for paid membership (i dont want to do this but maybe we can look into a non paid and paid version? ill have to look into it)other improvements , more text boxes in the main page and in personal pagesfull api control (need to see what that will mean for us)you can also use twitter facebook myspace logins to login herei believe bigger vid uploads maybe more music i gotta look into all the finer details http://about.ning.com/announcement/ that link has all the details of the new plansfor the time being, if its acceptable to all id like to consider suspending the donation gifts program until august (unless members donate non cash gifts that can be re-gifted to members like the beads giapet donated)i just want to be sure we have enough from donations to cover everything when this changes over and see what comes in from advertising too.we can then consider doing multiple gifts if things go well.after that if advertising brings in enough to cover costs we'll stop the donations all together.i would like this to affect the members as little as possiblebut i also want to keep the site growing and as useful as possible.i believe we have the potential to become the best dreadlock site and the most active (in a couple years)im working hard around the clock right now at increasing our visibility and getting us to the top of the searches. the work im doing today should see a drastic increase in traffic over the next couple months.you may have noticed alot more people joining recently, thats the result of just a slight increase in traffic. i'm aiming at a 50% increase (i hope) in the next 2 months by the time this new plans in place.i hope in about 2 weeks you will notice some results of the work im doing todayas the site grows i may need a couple volunteers to help with a few thingsand especialy someone familiar with it asp csi all that fun stuff and if the site grows enough ..might even be able to offer paid positions (seo help too)all members who havent yet can help brong us to the top by installing the alexa toolbar and browsing the site http://www.alexa.com click toolbarour alexa ratings improved by over 100,000 points just by 2 or 3 of us adding it..if 100 or more add it we'll be doing greatthe increased cost wont hurt us if we keep growingyou can help by adding the toolbar and by donating until things switch over

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 03:26:20PM
LowRyderMan
@lowryderman
14 years ago
88 posts
paid membership? So we're gonna have to pay to have a membership on this site? or am I just misreading because I'm like super broke.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
nooo noo i said thats an optionand possibly could be a ffree membership and pasid membership op0tion possibly i diunno how it could work but possibly the paid version could get extra music pics and vids im planning on keeping it free as can be im just sayijg thats now an option we can explore if we choose tothe more pics and vids added the more we pay too so after aboyt 10,000 or so we'll have another increase so for people who have say over 300 or 500 pics they might have a small annual or monthy feee..but like i said..its just an option id rather avoidid like to switch from donation to advertising too so theres no burdon on the members but i dont know if the ads will bring in enough yet

--
LowRyderMan
@lowryderman
14 years ago
88 posts
oh, I see soaringeagle said:
nooo noo i said thats an option
and possibly could be a ffree membership and pasid membership op0tion possibly i diunno how it could work but possibly the paid version could get extra music pics and vids im planning on keeping it free as can be im just sayijg thats now an option we can explore if we choose to
the more pics and vids added the more we pay too so after aboyt 10,000 or so we'll have another increase so for people who have say over 300 or 500 pics they might have a small annual or monthy feee..but like i said..its just an option id rather avoid

id like to switch from donation to advertising too so theres no burdon on the members but i dont know if the ads will bring in enough yet
Wildrainbow
@wildrainbow
14 years ago
1 posts
Ok sounds good so happy this site will keep truckin! Ill add the tool bar as soon as I can to increase ratings. How do we donate? (link at right doesn't work for me)Thank you Soaring Eagle, you're the best! Big hugs & lots of Love
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/donations-1 if that dont work i can give u direct paypal info or i guess u can send directly to m e and ill stick it in the sites paypal Wildrainbow said:
Ok sounds good so happy this site will keep truckin! Ill add the tool bar as soon as I can to increase ratings. How do we donate? (link at right doesn't work for me)
Thank you Soaring Eagle, you're the best! Big hugs & lots of Love

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i agree and my $ situations probly the worse of all..loland sister you already contribute in so many ways Sister Rags said:
Thank you, SE, for keeping us up to date on what's happening and all the possibilities. I see this site as having immense potential with regard to dreading info and also expanding out into the dread journey that includes the journey of the spirit, brothers and sisters of a family on this here planet earth. (And if some dreaded Martians wanna join, that's cool, too ; ) .)

This is one forum I would be willing to be a paid member of, donate, and help out in ANY way I can. You know my $ situation sucks, but I am willing to do what I can. I wish I was more computer-literate...can't say I have the knowledge to do much with programs, etc., but whatever I can help out with, lemme know and I'm here.

I installed the alexa toolbar last week and it was 100% EASY to do , so please people, install it and let's work toward getting our more known and accessible.

--
Seven
@seven
14 years ago
26 posts
if it helps i can advertise on all my social sites....if you want...and i did the alexa thing..its good and easy and i like using it but it gave me some spyware so just do a spyware and virus check after you get it and you will be fine...i would donate but alas i am a young one and i lack funds in any sort of way.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well what spyware scanner do u use its a false readingit might be concidered spyware by really bad scanners that saee malware themswlves because it does report to alexa what pages your looking at thats how alexa rates pages and most search engines use alexa ratings as part of how important a page is ti nbe listed highits the same as having a neilson boxc on your tv to rank your tv prefferences and thats how tv shows ger rated the 1 percent that have those boxes determine whats on tv and whats cutso the mpre ppl using ut using the site the higher we get rated Seven :) said:
if it helps i can advertise on all my social sites....if you want...
and i did the alexa thing..its good and easy and i like using it but it gave me some spyware so just do a spyware and virus check after you get it and you will be fine...
i would donate but alas i am a young one and i lack funds in any sort of way.

--
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
So do you get paid when the ads get clicked? Isn't that how it works? WE could click the heck out of the ads LOL
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form