Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

spelling matters!

Orange Clock
@orange-clock
14 years ago
72 posts
Amazing I didn't think that this topic of discussion would ever come up. I would have brought it up myself but didn't think it was that important a subject to do so.I think it Ok for people to make mistakes when they type. Its different for everyone . I have a personality defect (so to speak) which causes me to proof read adverts in search of the funniest mistakes. I once worked in a shop where the manager would leave up notices which would be entertainment for me on the late shift.Smile:-)
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
You read by recognizing only the first and last letter and the number of characters anyway. hehe... I agree that grammar and punctuation are important but I don't feel that it's really all that necessary to portray an idea intelligently. I'd say most people on the interwebs are more comfortable with some spelling mistakes and internet slang than properly written english.Of course, I sure as hell wouldn't sign any kind of contract that I notice spelling mistakes in. lol
Andrew Harder
@andrew-harder
14 years ago
33 posts
that's pretty much true! i mean i wasnt freaking out about it, just noticing some things(i couldnt sleep last night SE). i never take the time to hit the shift key to make my i an "I" and many other details. i just think its easier to take material seriously when it's written well. thats all.think about it, if youre used to using lots of slang and just not giving a shit about how you write it'd be more likely to slip up writing something when it matters. i mean it's not like i'm citing resources for any info i use or referring to myself as "this researcher" like i would for my professors! Spider Feet said:
You read by recognizing only the first and last letter and the number of characters anyway. hehe... I agree that grammar and punctuation are important but I don't feel that it's really all that necessary to portray an idea intelligently. I'd say most people on the interwebs are more comfortable with some spelling mistakes and internet slang than properly written english.

Of course, I sure as hell wouldn't sign any kind of contract that I notice spelling mistakes in. lol
Andrew Harder
@andrew-harder
14 years ago
33 posts
thats kinda awesome! a pain but i doubt it's possible to stay mad at him. i definitely dont have any lil ones yet. little boys are so destructive. i used to be one... i cant count all the things we destroyed growing up, watch out lol. i got blessed with a kid sister and it's been great. cant wait to go home and see her in a week!(i guess she's 12 now, growing up fast) Alicia said:
Thanks to my son..who loves pulling keys off my laptops keyboard..I am missing my capslock key, both shifts, the tab, the b, the v, and the z keys.Ohh..AND the space bar key!!! So I have to press the little tiny buttons underneath where the keys once were. It sucks! And causes alot of errors. Usually it takes me quite awhile to type something out correctly haha. Funny discussion :)

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form