Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Anybody seen Dreadlocks.com???

MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts

Ran across this site " Dreadlocks .com" today. Has anybody seen it??? Theypromote what they call "natural" dreadlocks then go and say it can take years to form them (1-3 for them to lock) with the neglect method and although technically called " dreads " they will rarely look nice if done that way.TECHNICALLY called " dreads "?????? WTF???? They promote the use of wax and mention DreadheadHQ's wax and soaps, saying wax is the KEY to nice looking dreads.The person whois offering advice on the site says "when they see someone with dreads OBVIOUSLY formed by neglect they compliment the wearer anyway and don't offer advice." LOL!!.Also, they say some people "hot glue" beads on their dreads if they are too big?????!!!!!!! I can't imagine trying to pick hot glue out of dreads. LOL!! They have a contact email if anybody wantsto take them on!!!! :)

updated by @midread: 02/05/18 05:29:25AM
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
yeah, I never bothered with that site, it was obvious even to me almost 2years ago that site was full of it.
LowRyderMan
@lowryderman
14 years ago
88 posts
yeah I've seen that site. It was probably created by dreadheadhq or one of their customers.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
one of theyre customers tryin to get discountsthats johnys scumbag markettingothers almost exactly as bad are hotwtodread.com perfectdreadlocks.com

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
I kept it simple with a single and direct point...."I noticed that on your site you recommend DreadheadHQ wax and say it's a natural product. I hope you know that most products claiming to be 'natural' use that term on a technicality that there is no regulations associated with labeling a product as natural. DHHQ wax contains mineral oil and microcrystaline wax. Both are highly processed chemical byproducts of petroleum. If you feel the need to recommend wax then it may be better to go for the Knotty Boy wax which is all organic or at least explain in further detail on what you mean by natural in order to not seem misleading to individuals who don't know the difference."
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
I figure I'll either get a polite "Thank you and go fuck yourself" or the person will get pissed off and throw a fit. Many people don't like to be contradicted.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
moved to tragicly humerouse

--
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
Okay, it didn't go through so if anyone else wants to send it......
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
speaking of whichim thinking of buying a few more domain names to point to the suight maybe realdreadlocks.comproductfreedreadlocks.com makingdreadlocksright.com growrealdreadlocks.com etc domain names are cheap anymoreoh ofcourse naturaldreadlocksforums.com etc more domains with more keywords meands better chances at getting high in search enginessoo think of a few more now that we got donations comming in some of that can go to buying relevant domains ..but its up to u all if we do that or not

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea they'd be linked its called domain forwarding with shadowing so if you clicked on say bestdreadsever.com (if we have that 1) it takes u here but looks like the site address is stuill bestdreadsever.comi just posted a chat event to discuss site improvements and promotion

--
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form