Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Too old for dreads??????

GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
In comparison to eternity. What is too old?Since the definition of all adjectives are relative to an individuals point of view. Define "Old".All in all. Forget about age and enjoy your life.
updated by @goldeneagle: 07/23/15 02:32:57AM
Aurora Borealis
@aurora-borealis
14 years ago
34 posts
Do what you want! It's your head and I'm sure it will look beautiful. (:
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i know many people into theyre 80s with dreadsi plan on keeping mine till i die

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
When I decided I wanted to do this, I never had a second thought about age and dreads until my husband said something. Not that it would stop me - not unless he just really put up a fuss and had a big issue with it. Then I would keep working on him with it, but I am glad to see that there are people my age and older on here that love the dreads! Its funny how a negative thought can get planted in your head from just a couple of small comments and then make you doubt yourself after you mull it over. Appreciate all the support because at home I am just kind of getting the lowered eye head shakes LOL! I really find it quite amusing. My son was apparently telling his school friends that I was gonna let my hair dread. When I picked him up early yesterday, all the kids in his class were asking me about my hair. I was surprised that he told his friends (I can just hear him complaining about his "weird" mother) ha-ha!! I would think that little "guitar playing rock-n-roller" would love having a "dready mama" Thanks again everyone!! :)
Bruce
@bruce
14 years ago
19 posts
i'm 47 started my first set of dreads 14 months ago and don't regret it for a moment i love them yes i get a few funny looks but on the whole most peaple don't say or give them a second look and even get some great comments for all sorts of peaple. I love them ande that is all that matters
momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
14 years ago
159 posts
OH you are SOOOOOOOOO the right age!!! Any age would be the right age. You and I seem to have followed the same path in life. I love my gardening, my animals, my stylish clothes and feel right at home in my old old bib overall with no shoes. I, like you , am soooo tiered of the ladder climbing game, done it , been there and so glad to not be in that rat race right now. My husband of many years is 11 years older than I, I myself being 53 and loving it. He is retired from the AG office and is very conservative. He is what I would call a "suit". He was open to me having dreads when I brought it up to him gently LOL...I really think he thought I would not go through with it...well I did. I feel very comfortable with my dreads. I do some work outside the home, and have gotten many remarks from my fellow employees...all positive. My son has had his for 6 years and I had him do mine...with my long hair it took a good week, doing a few each day. Last night I ask my conservative husband if he was OK with them....and he is. When going out to a fine dinner, I can easily pull them back , twist them up... on and place them on the back of my head. I never ever want to be like the main stream women of my age and I do not live like that. Replaced my car with a bike...LOL we want to have a smaller footprint....anyway I have posted some photo and my son and myself....peace out and be nice to a stranger today. :-)
updated by @momma-has-dreads: 02/15/15 12:57:37AM
roadking
@roadking
14 years ago
2 posts
I'm getting them and I'm older then you. My husband is not happy either. lol ... but I'm still getting them.
momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
14 years ago
159 posts
Well, good for you Roadking! Do keep us all posted when they are done, photos please.peace while on the road
roadking
@roadking
14 years ago
2 posts
Will do! Julie Kamin said:
Well, good for you Roadking! Do keep us all posted when they are done, photos please.
peace while on the road
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
14 years ago
219 posts
If you feel like dancing.....Then Dance roadking said:
I'm getting them and I'm older then you. My husband is not happy either. lol ... but I'm still getting them.

/ 6

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form