I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones

updated by @femalepheromones: 07/24/18 05:44:44PM
Peace Shalom
@peace-shalom
6 years ago
44 posts
By a stranger? What did you do/say?
Were you called it in a good or bad way?
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
Not a stranger. A dad of a kid in my daughter's class. I talk to him but don't know his name.

It wasn't in a good or bad way. I think it's just a dumb connection of dreadlocks = Rasta

--
Peace Shalom
@peace-shalom
6 years ago
44 posts

Yes it is dumb to assume someone's beliefs just based on their outward appearance. It is prejudice. Prejudice = pre judging For example I am Jewish but I don't believe the mainstream Judaism. I believe God never really desired or commanded the sacrifices of animals, just that he temporarily allowed it as a stepping stone for coming out of Egyptian idol worship blood sacrifices. I am vegan and believe we need to treat all animals with love and respect unless the animal has done a murder or something. I believe in accepting truth and light wherever it may be found and letting it continually change my beliefs and views. To stereotype anyone is wrong. We need to get to know people. So many people have a hate for people they have never even met. Anyway. Rasta or not, may the crown of your head be blessed with dreads of glory! :)

updated by @peace-shalom: 07/20/18 01:25:18PM
Bunn
@harleyjunkin
6 years ago
47 posts

I've been called rasta a few times too... And I'm still trying to get my hair to dread. I'm not even sure what a rasta is. I know its a religious group, but the information I've managed to find has been scarce and very shallow.

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
I have no idea either really. People just think of black people from the Caribbean wearing a red/green/yellow hat and smoking weed.

It's just fucking hair man.

--
Bunn
@harleyjunkin
6 years ago
47 posts

Yeah, I agree. Its amazing how people treat those who dare to be different. 

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
Fuck them all.

--
lopenator
@lopenator
6 years ago
75 posts

Better try to get use to it. I get called that almost on a day to day basis.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

I have deep respect for rastas, but I understand what rastas about too

ofcourse as is with all religions theres some rasta beliefs I do not agree with

I get called rasta from time to time often by rastas and I take it as a sign of deep respect, from others I might explain that I am not rasta  although I lean more towards rasta and native American beliefs then any others out there.

rastas believe Jah Rastafari who was emperor of Ethiopia is god. they also believe in the bible, especially revelations. the reasons for dreading is very similar to the nazarite vow. they follow a strict diet called ital very similar to the nazarite diet. they are extremely devoted. not all rastas have dreads nor smoke weed but weed is a "seed bearing plant' they use as a sacrament. holding "reasoning' sessions rastas like bob  marley would rather die then lose a toe bob had cancer a amputated toe would have saved his life but the body, like the hair must remain whole. 

we have many rastas on the site they can explain it in a lot more detail

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form