Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

new server upgrade and other news

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

about 2 years ago we bought our own server cause i was spending 3/4 of my income on a server for max performance. i couldn't continue living off next to nothing and 2-3 members of the community made fantastic donations (highest was $500!) to buy the server. but it was underpowered, and has had issues all along (videos don't convert properly, backup issues etc)

i paid a guy to fix it but  instead hes  offering a server, as fast as the old 1 or slightly faster for slightly less then i'm paying now!

at the same time i was being doubled billed for 1 thing and just got a big refund which i immediately invested into

https://hashflare.io/r/3F52644C

so in the coming weeks we will be 100% "powered by bitcoin" hence the new ad at the top if you decide to invest in a future of passive income (with amazingly high return on investment..i mean..wow) use our link and it helps support the site while supporting yourself and your future

that leads to the next topic, the shops section is  going to be  upgraded and rebuilt soon (waiting for the new shop system to come out of beta)

when it does the whole sites 'skin' will be going through an upgrade and possibly slight redesign (are you happy with current design what would you like diferent)

thats going to be a big project

in other news of a more personal nature. 

will be flying in the 1st ever 'bus class' (2 seat) national glider competition in the spring

http://www.freedomswings.org will be the main beneficiary of any of the excess funds the cloud bitcoin mining brings in.. but thats not till next year that i'll be able to withdrawl large enough sums to be a major supporter

so to prepare for the national competition we need to raise a min of 16k to resurface the wings (cracking and bubbling from sun and moisture, needs to be done every 15 years about)

so have a gofundme here

https://www.gofundme.com/freedomswings

new server should be ready to move onto it in the next few days

might have to put site in maintenance mode for the transition

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

new  faster server was delayed, but should be live ready to test tomorrow (this sites massive had to have a lot more drive space added)

if tests go well it will be live  within 48ish hours

at that time  when switching over to new server this site will be put into maintenance mode (on old server) it may take minutes to 72 hours  for it to be seen globally on new server

99% of the world should see new server within 2 hours though

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

sorry the sites been down

new server upgrade had a few glitches in the process

performance is way  up even before any tuneups and performance tweaks

will need to still add more drive space the media drives nearly full (this sites massive )

will be doing tuning and testing next few days

--
dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
6 years ago
156 posts

Thank you S.E.! I'm happy the site is back up! I have missed you and this community during that last week! Happy weekend!

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
Woohoo!

Unfortunately the site went down just as I restarted my second set of dreads.

I'll start a timeline but have missed the first week.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

so sorry guys  still got a few issues to figure out but performance improvements huge

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

stay tuned, most issues are now fixed. just a few more to go

lots of testing to be done still

please report any and all issues here

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

sti8ll breaking in new server tuning it up, getting everything working just right..

forgive the glitches and downtime the worse is over

but might be a lil slow with a lil more down time when i sleep might be possible late tonighht

gonna monitor it till then and hope its ok now

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

on that none it will go down to double the media drive space for alot more video music and photo space

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

still working out some stability and performance issues bear with us for next several days

think most major problems fixed now

i hope

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form