Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Surf

JT
@j-welsh
7 years ago
42 posts

Anyone else on here surf? And where at? VB here, but go down to Hatteras as much as possible.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

i surf the skies. mountain waves racing ridges.. 

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 04/19/17 10:33:31PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

btw  "the ultimate wave" the perlan 2 space gliders going to be surfing a wave to 90,000 feet soon..  higher then any winged craft ever flew and all just from riding a mountain wave  to the stratosphere

but i'll be happy to make it  to 30,000 someday... up there with the jets

--
JT
@j-welsh
7 years ago
42 posts

Ive seen you talk about that before. Looks pretty freakin amazing! 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

oh it is! 

we start this weekend (but ive been sick for 2 weeks) we don't have the mountains at the closer airport, just thermals (those puffy white cumulous clouds mark the tops of the thermals) but all winter i been practicing ridge racing in condor competition soaring simulator ..mostly in the alps.. i broke the world record once already but wanted to  do it further and faster..

its an adrenaline rush pushing the redline (177 mph airspeed but hitting 197 over the ground) and literally shooting gaps in the mountains so close that if i put the landing gear down it would touch (did it in the acrobatic glider that doesn't have retractable gear and did touch the mountain in a high speed pass)

with ridge soaring the strongest lift is as close to the mountain as you can get and if you get like in the wind shadow of a peak you'll be in heavy sink racing just a couple feet above the treetops to get around it  back into the lift..

you really have to read the terrain, as well as the clouds and make split second decisions and reevaluate each decision over and over 

i hope within 3 years i can start getting into competitions 

our club members already have the nj  state altitude and distance records so i want to try to get the pa ones too...eventually

unfortunately our planes are too old and no longer certified for aerobatics which i did a lil of years ago but not enough..it was so fun

check these out

--
dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
7 years ago
156 posts

I surf, too! I live in Europe and i love to surf in southern France, Portugal or Spain, where the water is a lot warmer as where i live.

So i don't surf super often, only when i am on vacation. But I also skate a lot when I'm home and i really love it, too!

JT
@j-welsh
7 years ago
42 posts

Awesome man, I know Portugal and France have some great surf. Don't think I'd be surfing Nazare though!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form