Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Straight hair in dreams.....nightmare!

dreadloop31
@dreadloop31
7 years ago
4 posts

Has anyone else ever had a dream where their dreads are gone? I have had so many during my journey it is crazy.

-Sometimes I will be brushing my hair and be like "holy crap my dreads are gone!!"...

-Or spraying hairspray and think this isn't right you don't want to use that on your dreads. Only to find out I do not have dreads anymore!

-Another vivid one is just dreaming that none of them are locked and I basically have straight hair.

Just curious if any body else experiences this? It is always a shocker to me even in my dream :0

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

no, but on melatonin dreamed i found a rainbow gathering near a river in a wooded section not far from a city, there was a cave  off beyond the last kitchens and 2 people fell into it, i tried to help them and slipped into the cave with my dreads grabbing a root, the people climbed up me and my dreads and out of the cave but  i could feel the dreads slipping inch by inch  as they tried to grab them and or me and pull me out, i woke up just b4 i think i might have slipped ..

was weird whole dreams coming back the city had this huge  buildimg with a massive multiteired decks with fountains and arches bu inside was everything from big chainstores to farmers market like  everything and anything (remembered talking to someone about a big collection of odd international instruments)

left there met my family for some reason somewhere we were going to like a b & b across a river from that  when i saw this wooden (like logs and rainbow construction) latticework staircase up this steep embankment with people diving off from like 60 feet up i think parents went to the b & b but behind it stretched a gathering (smallish though a couple dozen camps) then that cave  and bout 6080 ppl swimming naked almost within sight of that massive building with the teirs..

ithink as we left there b4 crodssing to the gathering area there were fireworks from the outside of that building )

god even remember trying to find a bathroom in this super snooty restaurant at the top tier of the building)

never remembered a dream in such detail so long after

2/3 of the details of the building just came back to me,wait there was a rope bridge too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
dreadloop31
@dreadloop31
7 years ago
4 posts

WOW! I never remember dreams that well! Sounds like an awesome dream :) I went to a rainbow fest years ago, brings back memories.

Aren't dreams funny... you always remember that the people and places in them were not exactly who they were supposed to be portraying. Like you know who they were supposed to be but they didn't look like that person.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

Sometimes, your not you in your dreams

yea i was remembering details i was trying ti remember after the dream when i woke

gatherings re gatherings not fests

gatherings have nothing in common with fests

how  long did you stay

i didn't tune in to what a gathering was fully in the 1st 1 (i was a dumb 9 year old) but by 2nd i knew and changed my life

watch some of my vids

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

--
yakerdeets
@yakerdeets
7 years ago
8 posts

Yes!!! I have those dreams a lot! I am chocking it up to my dreads being so young so I still remember what it is like to have "normal hair." I'm hoping they go away with time because they are awful!

Daniel2
@daniel2
7 years ago
62 posts

One morning my brother got a pair of clippers and put it against my head pretending to shave my dreads off. He used the opposite side, w/out the sharp teeth things. This was no dream though lol he actually did it. I remember waking up gasping for air.

One dream I was taking a shower and washing the dreads only to immediately go to bed afterwards. I woke up in real life convinced that my dreads were wet. How relieved I was when it wasn't haha

Funny how dreams like these are common between us! 

updated by @daniel2: 01/04/17 08:06:45PM
dreadloop31
@dreadloop31
7 years ago
4 posts

So over the weekend I had the craziest dread dream yet.....

I dreamt that my hair was pancakes that had been pressed in a waffle iron to get the length and texture.... and I kept examining my hair and admiring the golden brown of it. I started wondering if it was always going to stay that color when I felt a sudden panic..... What if my hair didn't taste good in a year???

haha! my best one yet!

---> Soaring-eagle, I went to the festival when I was 13 we stayed 3 days I think. It was so long ago that I only remember bits and pieces of it. I have always wanted to return but I have found it very tricky to find information on them.

I remember having to park far away. We walked up to the head of a trail where they was a table and people and we gave them our 'name' and where we came from. You walked a ways in, there was a field and the bank next to a river. They had a few tent 'buildings' set up.... if i remember correctly there was a medical one, a mediation/relaxation one, one where you could read books they had, and then a few more I do not remember. This was the first time I had ever seen people bare naked just hanging out! Some were on the bank, some where in the water. A image I will never forget was a naked man setting on the rocks in lotus position meditating. The very last thing I remember was in the evening we all gathered in the circle and sang, played on drums, and passed food around.

Looking back I wish I would have known more about where I was going. I feel I could have taken away a lot more. But still a memory I have cherished all the years!

Daniel2
@daniel2
7 years ago
62 posts

Yet another one last night: I was separating them when I noticed one dread had actually like fell off my scalp, and the surrounding dreads were already trying to congo with it. I was freaked out and immediately put it in my pocket before anyone noticed. The problem at the time for me was trying to figure out the bald spot on my head where the dread broke off of haha Oh man

Irie
@irie
7 years ago
41 posts

I liked reading those stories.
I was wondering (assumed I wasnt alone) if other people have strange dreams like this.
A few weeks ago I had a dream that I was showering and washing my hair, my dreads seemed a lot more mature than they are now but when I was washing them one (at least 2/3rds of it) just pulled out of my scalp with no resistance. I was trying to reattach it unsuccessfully lol.

Woke up in such a panic its strange how our brains will make us dream about stuff like that.
I wonder if its my brain telling me its afraid of unintentionally losing them, it happened only a few days after I had an African lady tell me she would "cut them off herself" if she ever saw me again....smh.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form