dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

When did your dreads reach maturity?

Kitty Boom
@kitty-boom
9 years ago
8 posts

Hey there Dreadlies, 
I was wondering when others' dread had matured as it seems to be different for everyone, what with different types of hair getting the treatment! As I have a baby, and he loooves hair I have to wear my hair up alot and I'm certain that hinders my dreads- they are 10 months and still fairly loose- not that I mind this as I know it can take a few years in some cases, and it's all about the journey....riiight. Anyway, just to feel the waters guys, when did your dreads mature, or look like dreads?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

define maturity i mean everyone defines maturity diferently im 48 and dont feel like im fully mature ..or want to be

my dreads seenmed to mature fast but i dont pay attention to time

but alotta baby dreadss seem pretty mature in several months

i guess whenever u  have gone throughthge imature process and feel they are mature

i specificly said it like that cause many who use  cheater methods think they are mature in a month but they wont really mature untill alowed to go through the stages

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kitty Boom
@kitty-boom
9 years ago
8 posts

Mature to me would be not loopy and beavery tail at the end of the dread- when they 'look' like dreads. I mean you saw my pictures, you can't really differentiate between the loose hair and the dreads because they are on fire with wild abandon lol 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

yea u got a lil while to go but your getting there

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kitty Boom
@kitty-boom
9 years ago
8 posts

Laugh  Nice, thanks SE 

Psybin
@psybin
9 years ago
32 posts

None of mine are mature yet, but I started about 5-6 months ago and my first dread to form is getting close I think.  It's still bumpy and beavery at the end.  So I'm not really the best person to answer but it sounds like our hair might be similar since it seems my hair is the type that'll take at least a year (hopefully not two!) for them to all mature.

Actually, half of my hair hasn't even started to lock yet. ;\  I'm not worried, just really wanting all of it to at least start locking!  How long did it take yours to get where all of your hair at least started locking up?

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form