Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

site upgrade simple jobs still needing to be done

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

the sites very close to ready..very close though the last couple things i need to work out are slightly more tricky

but theres a few easy to do jobs that any of u can do

1 video sections (theres 3 im combining into 1 but dont have the search set up to search the 3 at once yet)

all videos that are featured on here need to be featured on there

forums all forum posts featured here need to be featured there ,,in addition each forum catagory needs 1 pinned post (slightly diferent from featured) the pinned post would be a general info for that catqagory some kinda basic some a lil more detailed)

photos this will have to wait till the imports completed and more likely will need to wait till a fix for a minor issues released and then a full wipe and re-import wich takes days but again featured photos need to be featured

the faq needs to be recreated.. its already moved over as a page, but each profile including the main forums canhave a faq the main forum faq needs to be recreated partialy from the old faq but updated for new site.. additionaly a secondary andtertiary faq catagory added 1st would be dreadlocks fars 2nd site use faqs and 3rd would be shops faqs for those you'll have to play around with the site and put together a list of questions u might expect ppl to ask

pages i want a way of organizing them

so a want a couple pages made (theres a simple page creator) like dreadlocks methods dreadlocks maintenance and additional dreadlocks info then those 3 pages will have links to the other pages with a short paragraph intro

shops.. anyone and everyone who wants a shop should begin to set it up now the shop back end (order processing) will be activated the day we swich over

big job the day we go live

share the hell out of it and content on it

i mean make a big deal out of the new site launch on every social network

one more thing..besides the built in commenting and replying we are used to everything has disgus commenting as well (everything but the forums oddly enough but ill get that added )

this means that everything were discussing can also be discussed and rated on digus and dreadlockssite has its own space there so would be great for many of you to have an account so you can reply to comments there

eta on when we move ..kinda depends on a few factors i was aiming for tonight but not 100% there yet so ..if possible in the next week..ish

i cant set a date yet but theres only acouple things let to do they just are a tad trickier

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 10:06:42PM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form