Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hmm, hair "un-dreading??" To cut or not to cut.

Rude Bwoy
@rude-bwoy
10 years ago
40 posts

Well, I don't think my hair agrees with dreading??

Been growing it for however long, probably can tell by looking at the pics of the last time I cut it, but anyhow.

A while back, maybe 4 or 6 months ago? Possibly longer I had TnR'd some of it, but took those out after a week or two because they felt horrible.

At some point, probably the last few months, I seemed to have a lot of hair that was knotted up at the ends, and would be loose up to the scalp with some loops here and there.

It seems however like all of those went away? If I look around I can find maybe 2-5 'dreads' which just really have the ends locked together, where as there used to be a ton there like 20+ just in that one area.

It seems like now that I have been keeping my hair more clean with dread soap etc, it caused all of the dreads that were formed to come out, now I am back at square one, and pretty much just look like a fool for no reason...I'm guessing either my hair was to short to be dreading to begin with, and now that is free and clean its worked its way out.

Either that, or the ends were really knotting up/dreading because of crap building up in my hair from not getting it as clean, and now that I washed all that out, I washed away my 'dreads' also.

So I basically just look a hot mess for no reason. Double that with the fact that I am currently unemployed, no one around here can relate to dread locks what so ever, so that doesn't really help. And factor in my dwindilling spirituality, and I am left wondering rather or not I should just chop my hair off, its really annoying not being able to keep it out of my eyes and when the tops of it wash a certain way it can look pretty stupid when the scalp is visable.

=D

Maybe I should not let my hair be all clean and soft, I dunno.

updated by @rude-bwoy: 01/13/15 10:03:00PM
Jamison Johnston3
@jamison-johnston3
10 years ago
64 posts
With patience, all hair dreads
Jamison Johnston3
@jamison-johnston3
10 years ago
64 posts
ButYes It's quite short
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

looking stupid for no reason? dwundeling spurituality? the looking stupid while it dreads is what strengthens the spirituality and those who have it take longer..over a year have the most profound experiences while dreading it seems that its taking longer cause you need it to take longer to get more out of it

quesationing doubting ..etc its all leading to a stronger conviction

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rude Bwoy
@rude-bwoy
10 years ago
40 posts

I feel it...And Maybe its just to short to dread still. But long enough to look messy.

My bangs only really hang down to my nose. But the hairs around my ears and stuff that rest on my shoulders look like a spirally mess, but I have to move all my top layers to see those =D. So maybe that is a good sign.

Either way unless I can find some work looking like this I'll be living under a bridge before my hair stops looking crazy.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

u can fund work looking like anything i mean have u seen some of the ppl working some places? hell just look at some of the creepy looking ppl in congress or the supreme court ..

but yea sounds like its getting close to that length to dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rude Bwoy
@rude-bwoy
10 years ago
40 posts

Yeah I don't legit think my hair is going to make or break me. Hell It can't put me in any worse of a position then I am in already. And I don't mind looking a lil wild, I'm not trying to impress anyone anyways XD.

And realistically I probably wont cut it, just discouraging to see the progress I did have disappear.

Plus I am slipping in to my F the world mode. Except I mainly only find ways to damage/spite myself. So it was probably one of those things, I know I can take away something I been striving for type deal =D.

But I do think I was having some false dreads from residue and crap in my hair, dandruff getting trapped in the ends of my hair etc and probably washed it out with the dead shampoo.

Rude Bwoy
@rude-bwoy
10 years ago
40 posts

Wrote myself a counter argument. TAKE THIS DARK LONELY STATE OF MIND!

So they say there is someone meant for everyone...Like someone is supposed to 'find you.' or you are supposed to 'find someone' ...And its obvious in that situation the attraction will at first be physical.

So you can overstand...how can anyone find you, when everyday you practice rituals to change or hide who you are, hair cuts, make up, starving yourself to stay skinny...

You see, if god showed your soul mate what you were supposed to look like, WHAT HE CREATED YOU TO LOOKLIKE, and said go find this person, so you may attain happiness. They would walk right past you, not even noticing a resemblance.

-All Natural/Natural Selection/LongHairDon'tCare- Go on painting your face like a clown to impress your boss, or your coworkers...I'll hold on to my natural look, and perhaps impress my creator.

NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
10 years ago
170 posts

Wow! that was one of the most profound things I have read in a while. I personally see a couple of things differently, but your point is so true! I love the 3rd paragraph! (the one that starts with "You see," )

Rude Bwoy said:

Wrote myself a counter argument. TAKE THIS DARK LONELY STATE OF MIND!

So they say there is someone meant for everyone...Like someone is supposed to 'find you.' or you are supposed to 'find someone' ...And its obvious in that situation the attraction will at first be physical.

So you can overstand...how can anyone find you, when everyday you practice rituals to change or hide who you are, hair cuts, make up, starving yourself to stay skinny...

You see, if god showed your soul mate what you were supposed to look like, WHAT HE CREATED YOU TO LOOK LIKE, and said go find this person, so you may attain happiness. They would walk right past you, not even noticing a resemblance.

-All Natural/Natural Selection/LongHairDon'tCare- Go on painting your face like a clown to impress your boss, or your coworkers...I'll hold on to my natural look, and perhaps impress my creator.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form