Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Expressing ourselves and the dreadheads we are!

Jimmy DC
@jimmy-dc
10 years ago
86 posts

Well today for the first time I got the chance to catch up with the discussion and supposed discussion between dreads uk vs. dreadlockssite and well i went through all 9 pages of it and well I realized people, by majority were being objective and decided to express themselves.

And well I love discussions, I used to hate them but throughout hs my closest bud was the actual best bsing and discussion member of my graduating class, and a lot rubbed off after all the years haha. But discussions are done in order to have people discuss(talk and argue) with each other in a respectful manner to reach a conclusion or to exchange different views. So a conclusion isn't always reached. I would have loved to see that. But well it seems that arranging a time seemed too complex.

I feel that closing it was kind of an effort to kill of members from expressing themselves and arguing against SE. Again I respect SE and think he is a great man, but he does come off as close minded a lot of times.

If you are arguing and you have clearly lost you should acknowledge and move on, not a big deal. I can volunteer to set up a date, I don't think it's too hard sending messages to both of you seeing when you have free time and setting up something, it doesn't have to be a complicated 10-20 people video it gets confusing and too complicated. Just a discussion, no proving wrong or that something is evil and bad, truly it does not matter ppl just want to see a discussion and knowledge being shared from both sides.

I've been member of this site since I stated dreading about ten months ago, of course I chose natural as it seemed the one that meant more of a spiritual journey and a way to rid myself of the vanity still inside of me(though there might still be some inside). The way the other side is described seems to be very harsh, and yes they are harmful most of us here know it but some people just don't care and its their decision to continue specially if they haven't seen the consequences after a couple years of it. I think as Tara explained in one of her replies, saying that wax 'is evil' or whatever seems to come from a closeminded person, which i would think SE is not, and also as wax has other uses (candles and stuff). Also SE you seem to call out ppl whenever they called you out, and it would be at some small point they've made.

I believe as dreadheads we are mostly a group of open minded people, and well also sort of purist haha.

I don't do any sort of drugs, no alcohol not weed(which some don't consider a drug, but that's a different discussion) and well many of us might call alcohol evil while we still have friends and families who consume it. And they might do it in front of us and they know that its not good for them yet they still drink it because they haven't really seen the damage inside of them, or the other option is that they know the damage they just do not care and do not mind it. My father is an alcoholic i call him out all the time, but until he wants to change he will keep drinking. I cannot do anything about it. I have two options calling alcohol the devil and shunning him from my life or accept him with all his faults and imperfections and help him little by little through example and affection that he is throwing his life away. It's not helpful calling something evil if people don't mind it or do it for vanity sake, its their decision, I just want to see the discussion. Also I believe we should all be allowed to express ourselves, whenever i see an argument without any support or basis I just ignore it or respond and try to explain to the person that their argument is not helping their case.

Well just wanted to express myself as I saw others do, so if we want the discussion support this thread or write how you feel. That closed discussion had almost a hundred responses it was great

updated by @jimmy-dc: 01/13/15 10:01:55PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

it was closed because its done nothing but waste time..for a month and now is becoming a breeding ground for arguments and worse distracting from everything else

since the begining when a discussiion becaame an argument that went on for days and days at a time ..and dominated all discussion so the site was no longer helpful it was closed for 24 hours to let ppl cool off thenm reopened..every time once the discussion dropped off the front page ..the arguing stopped

its a "time ouut" for adults lol

sometimes it needs to happen or things get too out of control

i remember 1 a gurl joined asked some questions about dreads and decided to go natural..because she was a pretty gurl somewhat fashionable several ppl got it in thier heads that she was too 'high maintenance" for natural dreads and wouldnt stick with it..the girl herself was here for 2 days asked got an answer ..and went on dreading forgetting all about the discussion

now since i answered 1st i ignored it but then noticed 1 day that the discussion had beenat the top ..wth hundreds of replies for a week or 2 so i lookee it over and was appalled to see nothing but ppl putting her down calling her fake a wannabe insisting she wouldnt last a day with messy hair..even calling her a whore..so i shut it down..the insanity stopped .. things got back to nmormal the next day i reopened it and invited her back to show off her dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

and this (although very well spoken) was what i was trying to avoid..a continuation of something that should be set aside and alowed to die so we can get back to the task at hand..helping ppl with dreads

now not just 1 but 2 discussions on the same subject?

im trying to get this crap off the front page and useful ones onto it

id like to request you close this yourseldf so we can get back to business

please

its this type stuff that shuts things down and makes the site kless usefull

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form