Dreadlocks Forums

who wants in on the debate

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,639 posts

hey guys srry havent been on im incredibly sick

im starting to get better but not there yet

anyways dreadsuk (just realized it looks like dread suk lol) wants to debate me/us on the maintenance no maintenance issue

originaly he just called me out but want to ezxtend ut to all of you who are interested so you can express your own opinion your own way

baba definately want you there

it will be on google plus hangouts

but not untill im fully recovered ive got this nasty flue thats really kicking my ass

so who wants to join in?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/03/18 04:13:50PM
Tara C
@tara-c
10 years ago
644 posts

I can't speak to a camera lol but I'll be watching, I think that'll be an awesome debate :)

But won't it be a bit unfair if you have multiple people on your side and he only has himself? Got to be a fair debate!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,639 posts

aww tara was hoping youd be in on it

well no i dont think its fair that it all comes down on me when most ppl here agree so i think its much more fair when more people can share thier opinions

--
Tara C
@tara-c
10 years ago
644 posts

In that case, you should tell him that, so he knows members from DreadsUK can join the debate, otherwise it'll be one person debating against many people, and that'd get very crowded quickly.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,639 posts

good idea

but seems some of em are rather agressive 1 was acusing me of spamming the site under a false name orr something

--
Tara C
@tara-c
10 years ago
644 posts

Yeah, but that's not aggressive, just a misconception lol. I mean, people's biggest complaint about you or about this site as a whole is that you/we can come across as judgmental. And I know you go above and beyond to helping people educate themselves and help keep dreads healthy, but the way you word things can make people see it as an attack. So me, personally, I think a video debate will be excellent, because with voices, they'll be able to see very plainly how much you care about people and their dreads, and that you're not judging or attacking.

I just think if you're going to agree to the debate, we want to promote unity and education amongst all dreadheads, so we have to make sure it's fair for both sides, right? If it's one person against a few people, that one person's voice might be drowned out a bit.

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
10 years ago
233 posts

...It's just one can of worms after another being popped open on here.

I'm posting the same thing here as I am in response to that video.

Why should there be a debate over dreading methods? As long as someone is accepting of whatever the possible outcomes may entail, why can't they just do whatever makes them happy and not be judged?

Tara C
@tara-c
10 years ago
644 posts

I think it's a good idea. It's not meant to be hostile or an argument, it's meant to be sharing information and sharing opinions as a way of seeing where each side is coming from and promoting unity rather than judgment amongst the various kinds of people who dread in various ways. I think it can be very well done if done properly :)

Laura Earle said:

Why should there be a debate over dreading methods? As long as someone is accepting of whatever the possible outcomes may entail, why can't they just do whatever makes them happy and not be judged?

Filip Radulovic
@filip-radulovic
10 years ago
17 posts
I'd love to, i just don't really know how to use google + exactly but a little bit of explanation will get me trough... Other than that i'll be happy to, i love debates :)
I'll be on the freeform side if you're wondering...Just wondering when will it take place, i realise you're sick which is bad...Not just because of the sickness itself but because i have this week available for the dicscussion, i have no parents home for most of the day and im on my winter brake from school, and it would be weird if my parents have to hear me arguing about dreads with a bunch of people over my tablet :p , but Ou know, if you're sick you're sick, nothing we can do about it, i hope youll get better soon :)
Laura Earle
@laura-earle
10 years ago
233 posts

**if done properly.

Key phrase.

Tara C said:

I think it's a good idea. It's not meant to be hostile or an argument, it's meant to be sharing information and sharing opinions as a way of seeing where each side is coming from and promoting unity rather than judgment amongst the various kinds of people who dread in various ways. I think it can be very well done if done properly :)

Laura Earle said:

updated by @laura-earle: 07/22/15 07:10:31AM
 / 9

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form