Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

saving dreadlockssite and contest update

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

as many of you may already know our trafic has dropped to 1/5th of what it was a few months ago

this is due to recent changes in googles ranking algorithms wich has caused every single keyword to drop in rank drasticly

recently we had posted a contest with amazingly generouse prizes offered from dreadlockshampoo the purpose was to get lots of fresh and informative content created to hopefully stimulate an increase in trafic and ranking.

however this only got 1 single post created by7 jazzy..not the dozens a day i had hoped for

so the contest maybe cancled and a new approach considered (expecting a call from vicki soon)

so because the situation has become extremely desperate, and if this trend continues i may not be able to afford to keep the site up (dont worry ill figure something out) we are looking into multiple ways to regain our ranking affordably

i have consulted dozens of seo firms and found the absolute minumum we will need to repair our trafic rank is 500 a month fir 3 months mun

750 or more would be better but 500 is the min

to reach this goal i have multiple ideas

idea 1 since most members endorse and recomend dreadlockshampoo so highly we can adopt them as part of the community by adding a permenant link in the menu (on here it will go under the dread shops where dreadlockssite shops is now which will be removed on new site it will go under community under dread shops) the link will be permenant and will ask vicki if she can commit to 3 months at whatever she can afford to help cover costs (i will put in every cent i can afford myself but this months tight and next 2 months max i could possibly do is 1/2-1/2) (on phone with vicki now she will commit to something just unsure how much she can do i'll know tonight)

idea 2 more donations ideally this is the best situation but unfortunately many are unable to donate if your able you can donate here http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/donations-1

idea 3 allow shops (and other busineses) to run an ad in a rotating new spot just below the dreadlockshampoo ad here and on new site and at the very top of the shop site for greater visibility the ads will rotate at 60 or 90- sec intervals (not sure wich yet) so multiple shops can be seen on each page load

(simular to how the dreadlockshampoo ad rotates each product)

i sent out this email last night with info on that

----------------------------------------------

for several years now dreadlockssite has offered free shops, as well as a site to list your off site shops like etsy

several members have had both etsy and dreadlockssite shops and have closed the etsy shop because the dreadlockssite shop was selling better.

well recently dreadlockssite has dropped in trafic and ranking due to the hummingbird google update and we need to raise a minimum of 600 a month for the next several months in order to regain our lost traffic.

one way we can try to raise those funds is to alow shops to advertise on dreadlockssite as well as the shop site

how this will work:

you create a 300px x 250 px medium rectangle ad as well as a 728 x 90 leaderboard ad

email the images and the link of the site they should point to to

soaringeagle@mail2.dreadlockssite.com

choose a payment option below

recomended:

$20 dollars a month 3 month commitment

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=QJCEUNVVYQN78

$25 a month 2 month commitment

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=Y8RYUUYACE7HJ

$15 a month 6 month commitment

1 month trial $30 no recurring payments or commitments

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=JUNX6AWZMUFV4

the details

a new 300x200 ad placement will be created on the main dreadlockssite (as well as the new beta site) right below the dreadlockshampoo ad

on the shop site a new leaderboard 768x90 ad placement will be created

all ads will rotate randomly at 60 second intervals so all ads will get equal exposure

note: the 1st shop to take advantage of this offer will get 100% exposure, when a 2nd shop signs up it will be split 50/50

we need a minumum of 30 advertisers to reach our goal, but at 30 advertisers you should still receive at least 10,000 ad views per day

as your advertising helps cover the cost to increase site trafic, your ad views will increase as well

--------------------------------

im sorry to keep bugging you all about this but the situations getting desperate

we need to act now

i am hoping to get work started quickly

it will take about 3 months to see full results

if you choose to donate even 1 dollar helps

if you wish to commit to a set ammount a month for 3 months i can create a special button that will automaticly accept the ammount each month then stop after 3 months

just reply with the ammount youd like to commit to and i'll set that up

namaste and thanks for the support

i know all of you support and depend on the site

and would do anything in your means to help it

i want to make this easy on everyone

i will accept as much of the burdon on myself as i am able to..but i cant do it all on my own

after i hear from vicki tonight i'll update with how much is needed to fill in the gap keeping in mind this month will be a lil more then the next 2 only cause i dont have much left to spend at all this month

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 06:27:58AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

wow 1st donation $49.95!

thank you thank you thank you!

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

just got off the phone with vicki

her business is hurting too along with our trafic drop so can only do 100 a month for now unless things pick up

if we can pull together at least another 100 ill have a couple hundred to add to it within the next 2 weeks and get us started

i'm waiting for a call back around 7 tonight from 1 of the companies i consulted with and we'll take it from there

so plz kick in whatever ya can the more we can all pitch in the better

--
Nicole Schaefer
@nicole-schaefer
11 years ago
70 posts

once i get a pay pal set up i can do ten a month (which should only be a few days)! i know that isnt a lot.. but im afraid that is all i can afford right now.. i really want this site to remain here. It's just too awesome and has helped so many, i would be so sad to see it be taken down.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well i love all yas too much to let that happen so even if i gotta stop eating ill keep it up but i really want to get us back on top so we can help more ppl

and if 10 more ppl match your 10 we'll be well on our way

i can cover a big chunk of it even tho its gonna hurt but its important to me so gotta do it

and if a couple dozen ppl kick in just a lil we'll get there

--
Jimmy DC
@jimmy-dc
11 years ago
86 posts

hey soaring eagle this site/community has truly been helpful to me and I'm sure most other members would say the same. I just got a job thanks to all the recommendations and positive vibes/prayers from people in this site. I am probably going to get a bank account on the next week or so, and I'm cutting my paychecks into limiting my self to $7.50 per week, i get paid every two weeks. So hopefully by the end of october I'll be able to donate 5-10 per month for at least two or three months. Can't make any promises yet, but I will try my hardest and pray for this community.

And for everybody else put your grain of sand. Let's help this site prosper once again and hope that all of Soaring Eagles efforts are not in vain. Love this post so it stays in the top of discussions

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

thnx man that will help

--
Zach Hersey
@zach-hersey
11 years ago
25 posts
I get paid in a week- I'll put 30-40 in as soon as I do, and I should be able to put some money every month in too, nothing at this very moment though unluckily =[
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

awesome well thats a big help and i dont expect to be able to aford it in the next week or 2 anyways so no prob on the timing

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

we made some progress towards this goal and have 1 other option

we raised 170 so far

the other day a seo firm in india contacted me and only charges 200 but has way less experience and clients and something about the way they write reminds me of how scammers write (particulatly ones from ghana senegal and nigeria) although that might just be language/cultural diferences i just have less confidence in them as the other ones spent way more time talking to me discussing the issues and strategies showed examples of results seen by other clients etc

but the cheapest is 200 a month wich is more affordable but..making the wrong choice can hurt us not help us so even at more then twice even 3 times the price im more tempted to go with 1 i know i can trust

if we get a few more advertisers and several more donations we'll reach our goals so keep em comming

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form