Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My Wax Experiment

Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

I bet I worried you guys with the title lol but don't worry. I had some KnottyBoy wax lying around from the first and only time I used it. I forgot about it and came across it today, so I decided to see if its claims that the wax comes out with shampoo is true. Because let's face it, you can never have too much evidence. Anyway, so I cut off the end of one of my medium-sized dreads knowing that it was giving its life to the cause.

So, here it is before wax, freshly cut off:

And then with wax:

Then I poured a huge amount of shampoo (KnottyBoy, I may add) on to the entire dread and rinsed it for a bit. Then I decided, rather like Mythbusters, if I can't succeed using the realistic circumstances (eg rinsing it as if I were washing my hair) then I would go all-out. I poured more shampoo on it and left it in a bowl f water for a good 30 minutes. Did it get the wax out? Well, have a look:

So in conclusion: Ew.

And I was of course careful not to touch my dreads while that grossness was on my fingers. Which meant my dreads kept flinging themselves out in front of the camera like self-obsessed models, so this took a bit of time. Worth it though, because, well...gross.

updated by @tara-c: 11/11/15 05:29:42PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well done

i hope someone repeats the experiment with dreadheadhq wax and shampoo

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

I don't think DreadHeadHQ claims its wax will wash out in shampoo, does it? I mean, I've always seen KnottyBoy as the lesser of two evils for some reason, and because my wax came out pretty easily when I decided to get the wax out, I was in some small way expecting it to be true, but my main theory was shown to be true lol. I mean, maybe if I spent longer, it would've come out, but that'd be the equivalent of a good 10-20 washes, which means that water and dirt would get trapped in it. So even if shampoo did EVENTUALLY get the wax out, it's still causing harm.

NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
11 years ago
170 posts

:O.. The idea of putting wax in my hair is now that much more uncomfortable lol. Thanks for sharing. :D Much love and peace to you :D

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Sacrificing a dread for a worthy cause, so noble of you. :) haha. Yeah, most types ofhair damage come and go, but wax is forever. :s

jazzymomma
@jazzymomma
11 years ago
175 posts

thats a cool well worth experiment send it to knotty boy! hahaha saying they lie! about the wax comes out with their other product lol ~~pat on back for sacrificing dread to prove to the world the stuff is nasty EVIL haha

peace an love share this blog whereever possible will in turn help others coaxed by knotty boy to see what are they really putting in their hair?! peace an love

Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

Thanks guys :) yeah, it is very disgusting, and I'm glad I had a good camera to capture the horrific details.

danielle pascale
@danielle-pascale
11 years ago
6 posts
That is disgusting! I was warned about knottyboy products & wax itself, but never had the guts to experiment on myself- thanks for showing us the evils of wax. Btw- i have heard apple cider vinegar & hot water would get the wax out- anybody know if thats true??
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

it works ..barely it will slowly get a lil out but wont get it all (maybe after daily use for 6 months it might get most

www.dreadlockshampoo.com makes wax b gone that will get it all out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

I don't still have it, but I wouldn't be able to do it anyway, the shipping to the UK is just far too high for me to afford for a product I'll be using just the once lol.

updated by @tara-c: 07/22/15 10:13:35AM
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form