Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Middle part on dreads

Ashley Sharp
@ashley-sharp
11 years ago
2 posts

Hey guys whats up! I'm so pumped to be apart of this community now, you guys rock. I have a quick question about my dreads. I have had my dreads for 3 months now and I used the twist and rip method. When I initially did my dreads I didn't research how to section very well and I have a straight down the middle part, and I'm not sure if it looks weird. I feel like it makes me look like I don't have a lot of hair, and my hair was so thick to start with. I really don't want to brush out my hair and start over. Is there anything I can do to help this?? Thanks guys! I'll attach some pictures.

P.S. My bangs are newly dreaded and I was trying to see if it would help if I had them going back to kinda break up the middle part.

updated by @ashley-sharp: 02/03/18 01:37:06PM
Joseph Ruggia
@joseph-ruggia
11 years ago
2 posts
I think that once they are mature it'll look fine. Your dreads will go in all kinds of directions and your sectioning will slightly alter over time anyway.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

do u see a part?

your parts already less "straight down the middle) and more wandering crooked off to one side

your part will get less and less distinct till you have a mane

manes dont have parts

they are free flowing wind blowing tossed from here to there without care

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Ashley Sharp
@ashley-sharp
11 years ago
2 posts

Alright this makes me feel a lot better, thanks to both of you guys!!! I will leave them alone and let nature do the rest

Kerry LoCo
@kerry-loco
11 years ago
46 posts

I think your hair looks lovely. :-) I kept my part on the side, just for ease of styling. If it disappears with time, I'm fine with it. LOL

BeauZay
@beauzay
11 years ago
92 posts

Keep rockin it, I've been dreading naturally now for 10 months and have had a natural part down the middle the whole time. Not sure if it'll ever go away, but I don't mind it one bit. take a look at my pics if you'd like to see... its a perfect down the middle part. lol they're coming along great though so don't fret!

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

i have a natural side part. It is not a perfectly straight line but it is still a part. My dreads are around 5 years old now. In my personal experience....my part will never completely go away.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form