Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

2 month dreadiversary question

Nimbostratus
@nimbostratus
11 years ago
30 posts

alright so im offically at my 2 months stage. everything is going well. lots of crazy hair, lots of loose hair, a few loops and zigzags. it looked like it was trying to loop up about 3 weeks ago but they fell out and than the WEBBING started happening haha. at first i was concerned because it seemed like all my hair was trying to mat together at the roots and then it became more than just roots. hairs were trying to connect from the root and down a few inches. i started seperating every day and now they are more managable but some of them are so stuck together i cant seperate them without damaging the hair. should i just let them combine or do they normally loosen on their own? like i said they are connecting near the root and staying connected for an inch or so off the scalp. if i lift one up, others come with it. thanks!

updated by @nimbostratus: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Kimberly-Anne
@kimberly-anne
11 years ago
1 posts

its really up to you! they will combined into a bigger dread they r called congos lol it just depends if u want more dreads n the size <3 hope that helped

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi Nimbostratus. You must keep up on the separating or else it will join together as a large matt area and be really hard to make the sections smaller again. Try to keep each area 1 inch or smaller, unless you want congos (fat dreads) which take up to 36 hours to dry once mature. Sections are easiest to separate when the hair is wet. Wet hair is stronger and take a little more force put upon them, cause little or no damage. They won't loosen or unjoin on their own, you have to do that part, daily if need be.....Peace

Nimbostratus
@nimbostratus
11 years ago
30 posts
Alright thank you. I read a post on the forum a while back saying it's better to let it kinda web toward the roots and just to separate if the body of the dreads start to combine so I was just doing that. I may end up with a couple congos in the back or will have to comb them out. Thank you :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form