Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

fully mature dreads

«arrows_of_the_rainbow☼
@arrows-of-the-rainbow
11 years ago
75 posts

I have seen a lot of people who began dreading but have combed them out, especially around 8-14 months; just saw someone on youtube whose progress I was following for months but they just undid them around 14 months. seems to me a lot of people think it only takes a year to have dreads and they won't change much after that, but from the pictures i've seen, dreads still changeimmenselyafter that.

now I know it's about a year for mature dreads to grow, but how long does it actually take to get to the fully mature dreads? 2-3 years? I know dreads are always changing even after that, but it seems they still change quite a bit after the year marker.

I'm not quitting no matter what, but I want to set a marker to have dreads for at least so many years before I decide whether to keep them or not, hopefully i'll keep them for many years (if not forever!). I was thinking 3-4 years so that I don't chop em off or comb them out too early like a lot of people I've noticed. It seems to me that if people would wait longer than around a year they'll grow to become more beautiful than they feel their 1 year dreads are

updated by @arrows-of-the-rainbow: 01/13/15 09:50:27PM
«arrows_of_the_rainbow☼
@arrows-of-the-rainbow
11 years ago
75 posts

yep that's her. It's not just her, I've seen a number of others who might've been doing it because it's natural but probably more for the looks. I do like the looks of dreads, but I believe I'm in it more because it's natural. I'm just always curious to see how hair changes as it goes father down the road of locking naturally. I personally love the messy, "awkward" stage I'm in right now (2 months in).

«arrows_of_the_rainbow☼
@arrows-of-the-rainbow
11 years ago
75 posts

haha my family's the opposite cept for my father, mother's convinced bugs live inside dreadlocks and can't stand em even though they're the opposite of dirty/disgusting hair. I believe I got my mind set enough to stay on locking path for many years to come. I hope you stay on your path as well! much love & thanks

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form