Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Looking a lil L00py

Marissa Victoria
@marissa-victoria
11 years ago
34 posts

Seeeking some advice/knowledge on L00ps!

I started noticing some loops on my baby dreads and I'm just wondering if they willflatten or if I will end up having a few zig-zagy dreadies. Not that I don't want zig-zag dreads or dislike them, I just want to know what to expect.

I also think one of the loops is getting bigger, as the dread seems to look shorter. The rest of the dread aside from the loop area also seems fuller and thicker so I'm mainly just hoping the loop area thickens and forms together.

I'm not doing anything to encourage loops I don't think. I sleep with the hair down and wear it down daily, so I'm just wondering how they form in the first place! :?

Any insight on loops would help and is appreciated! :)

updated by @marissa-victoria: 02/14/15 04:42:15AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

have you ever tied your shoes

dont u make a loop and pull 1 loop through the other?

when yiu throw your christmass lights in a box dont all the loops intertwine into a tangled mess?

u cant have dreadinmg without some sort of looping

they will settle down

its a nesacary part of the process

silly losticians cut the loops off then take a hook and create loops

loops a re a great sign that they are dreading properly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Marissa Victoria
@marissa-victoria
11 years ago
34 posts

lol I like the analogies!

You put it very nicely. I would never think of cutting them off! lol but I just wanted to know what is to come of the loops so it's reassuring to know it's a good sign , thank you! :]

soaring eagle said:

have you ever tied your shoes

dont u make a loop and pull 1 loop through the other?

when yiu throw your christmass lights in a box dont all the loops intertwine into a tangled mess?

u cant have dreadinmg without some sort of looping

they will settle down

its a nesacary part of the process

silly losticians cut the loops off then take a hook and create loops

loops a re a great sign that they are dreading properly

Larra Juab
@larra-juab
11 years ago
76 posts

Hello Marissa :D I would like to share my thoughts about your loops. So as what Soaring Eagle had said, loops are normal and they are part of the dreading process. Do not worry about them, but instead be happy if there you have tons of loops. After all the looping they will then be formed as dread, just like mine - I had tons of loops and then after sometime those loops have disappeared and became a dread. I also had somebeaver tails (flat dreads)before, but now they are slowly going round as time passes by. So don't panic about the loops and bumps, just relax and embrace the messiness of your hair ;) Happy Dreading and Take Care.

Marissa Victoria
@marissa-victoria
11 years ago
34 posts
Hey Larra thanks for your input! Ive also been wondering about flat dreads too! I dont seem to have any but its good to know they round out. It seemed as though my dread werent doingmuch but now with all the loops im wondering what is coming! :] im definitley embracig the messiness, feels so great and free.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

loops are sexy

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kameron Hammond
@kameron-hammond
11 years ago
8 posts

Well then my dreads are damn sexy:) I have a lot of loops, some are getting short, some are still long, some are thicker, others thinner. I'm pretty sure they are doing just what they should be.

soaring eagle said:

loops are sexy

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi Marissa. Where your sections meet the scalp will be the thickness of your mature dreads. The length of them should be thinner than that right now, so to get to the thickness that they will become they need to go through their journey. That journey is looping, zig zagging, some crazy shapes at times, and it leads to shrinkage as they slowly creep their way up to maturity. It is really fascinating to see the process that caucasian hair does.

So as everyone here said, no worries, your hair is doing what it should.

Peace

Doogie
@doogie
11 years ago
321 posts

Nothing to fret about. they'll eventually get sucked back in!

Marissa Victoria
@marissa-victoria
11 years ago
34 posts
LolThank you everyone!It seems obvious now that he loops are the beginning of shrinking? If the loops encourage thickness, awesome! My dreads seem pretty thin at the ends. Im certain they will hug the rest of the dread im just wondering when it seems like the hairs movin quick after just 3 months! :D
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form