Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

DRYING QUERY

Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

Hi frnz, i have a bit of a query on drying my almost 6 month baby dreads. after i finish my wash i shake my head, headbang n do all sort of stuff to push out the left over drops of water... then i just let them air dry or sit under the sun for some time and dry the remaining moisture....

well lately i discovered that when i shake my head to get rid of the initial excess water my hair pulls my scalp a bit which didnt used to happen earlier... what i wanna know is that is it fine for me to continue doin this or am i causing harm to my roots? should i just let water drip from my hair as much as it does on its own and then just air dry or sun dry them? Thanx for reading and any help would be greatly appreciated. peace :]

updated by @ojas-acharya: 01/13/15 09:49:22PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Good day, I don't know if that will cause a problem with your roots when you shake, but I think that the head banging to shake off water may be to forceful and that is why you feel some of the hairs pulling at your roots. I hang my head upside down and sway it side to side, and stay that way for a few minutes. My best tip is to purchase a micro fiber towel, like a Shamwow, to absorb the extra water out right after washing. It reduces hours from my drying time. Dripping and drying in the sun is perfect for you.

Peace

Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

thank u ! so im gonna stop that stupid headbanging stint from now on.. :]

the Barrellady said:

Good day, I don't know if that will cause a problem with your roots when you shake, but I think that the head banging to shake off water may be to forceful and that is why you feel some of the hairs pulling at your roots. I hang my head upside down and sway it side to side, and stay that way for a few minutes. My best tip is to purchase a micro fiber towel, like a Shamwow, to absorb the extra water out right after washing. It reduces hours from my drying time. Dripping and drying in the sun is perfect for you.

Peace

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

u dont got to shake so hard that your hurting yourself

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Diego F.
@diego-f
11 years ago
73 posts

don't shake too much, you can hurt your scalp, and then slip some knots too...

you let your hair drip for some minutes, then air dry it... put a towel around your shoulders, so the drips won't fall on you

Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

By all means, shake your head a bit, I do, but I don't say it's needed. You can always just squeeze your dreads to squeeze the excess water out, then let them dry.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form