Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Covering up for work,,,

MoorZ
@moorz
11 years ago
46 posts

Hey folks. So I'm 3 weeks in and everything is going great. but I started a new job painting houses and was wondering, is it safe to put my new dreads in a tam? I had them in a loose ponytail today but it kept falling out and got a little paint in my hair no biggie but it's extremely annyoing how I have to wash my hands and fix my hair every 10 minutes. Some of my babies got a little brushed out from the constant tying back. I was thinking if only I had a tam to just put them in it would be easier but I dont know if that would slow or stop the progress on my dreads. I currently don't have a tam. Would a cotton one be a good choice or should i go with wool?
Any advice is appreciated..

updated by @moorz: 01/13/15 09:46:38PM
Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

A tam will work, but there may be a problem. You will have to make sure that you get one that is tightly knit. I have a crocheted one and another polyester one. There are big gaps in the crocheted one that paint could easily get through and get onto your hair. I don't know how easy it is to get off, but I think it would be best to avoid that.

MoorZ
@moorz
11 years ago
46 posts

I wish i knew some stores that sold tams or could make one for me. I hate that I have to buy one online. I hate waiting for anything.

Cameron Zion
@cameron-zion
11 years ago
45 posts

I worked as a painter/carpenter for a general contractor for 3 years and started my dreads after the first year in. Even a beanie that's a bit too big will work honestly and trust me you will have paint in your hair at some point haha. Cutting in, rolling a wall too fast andmysterypaint will make it in your hair. You can scrape it out though so no worries. If mine locked up while I was gutting a house of old plaster you'll be fine hombre

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

You have nice long hair. Try cutting off a long sleeve from a shirt and slip it over your head. I use this while wood working. No holes to worry about

Patience
@patience
11 years ago
51 posts

Look for t-shirt head wrap videos. I've been doing something a bit like this one

to keep my hair well out of the way of paint and power tools.

MoorZ
@moorz
11 years ago
46 posts

wow that worked perfectly thanks!!!

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Glad we could help ya

Dislike 0

Tags