Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Is it okay to use vegan shampoo?

Diego F.
@diego-f
11 years ago
73 posts

Well i can't afford to buy BS every time i wash my hair, nor can i afford to pay more than 10 times the price of the dreadlockshampoo.com bars [yeah, if i try to import them to my country the final price will be something like $80 dollars, on our local currency, R$160 for just one bar]

I recently found a brand of vegan poo here, that says that they are completely natural, free of SLS, RESIDUE FREE [yeah, residue free and not anti-residue] and i want to know if the ingredients are ok, and if i should dilute the poo in water in a container, like i do with bs/acv?

Jojoba 100% Vegetal Shampoo ingredients:

jojoba oil, Sweet Almond Oil, organic palm kernel oil, rice oil, ylan ylan oil

Jaborandi and Olive 100% Vegetal Shampoo ingredients:
Pilocarpus microphyllus oil, organic palm kernel oil, olive, castor beans, Natural Glycolic Extract of Jaborandi (Pilocarpus microphyllus), salvia essential oil, rosemary essential oil, cedar essential oil

It is okay to buy them? The site say they are free of SLS, and aromatizants, and conservants, they are 100% natural.

Thank you!

updated by @diego-f: 01/13/15 09:43:07PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

looks way too conditioning to me

how can you not aford baking sosa thats the cheapest thingthee is t wash with plesase dont tell me you buy a tiny box everytime u wash get a big box rthe bo=igger the better dont you know when u vuy small 1/2 the price is packaging costs? if you buy say a pound at a time its 1/2 proce per oz 5 pounds 1/10th (not accurate just making a point) u can buy it in bulk and its incrediv=bly cheap that way

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Diego F.
@diego-f
11 years ago
73 posts

I have to use BIG QUANTITIES of baking soda, and i have hard water... Well i use 80g of baking soda in every wash [if i use less the dandruff will still be on my hair]... yeah i have to buy everytime to wash... but i can look into other options... In dollars the price i pay of an 80 gram packet is something like $2,00...

but if i buy an 25 KILOGRAMS of baking soda it will be cheap, something like $13 and it will last forever... maybe i'll buy it!

Thanks SE, i'll try buying the giant pack of bs!
soaring eagle said:

looks way too conditioning to me

how can you not aford baking sosa thats the cheapest thingthee is t wash with plesase dont tell me you buy a tiny box everytime u wash get a big box rthe bo=igger the better dont you know when u vuy small 1/2 the price is packaging costs? if you buy say a pound at a time its 1/2 proce per oz 5 pounds 1/10th (not accurate just making a point) u can buy it in bulk and its incrediv=bly cheap that way

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

25 kg is 25000g thats 13 dollars

80g is 2 dollars so your buying 80g 312 times at 2 dollars each and spending 624 dollars for what you can get for 13

i may have done the math wrong but thats how much of a diference it makes

now lets look art it over time say u wash 2x a week x 52 weeks thats a 104 washes a year times 2 dollars a wash 208 a year

80g times 2 160g a week times is 16640g so in a year you havent even used much more then 1/2 around 7 dollars worth

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
11 years ago
1,291 posts

i agree with se. that shampoo sounds way too conditioning. sweet almond oil alone will cause a ton of build up. i would just stick to bs for now if thats all you can afford. your still going to have issues with bs not breaking down completely in hard water though. its best to boil your water first. what country are you from?

Natty Dave
@natty-dave
11 years ago
56 posts

I would do like SE said and get the big thing of bs; do you use the acv aswell? that could also have an effect on your scalp and dandruff as the bs could be overly drying out scalp.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form