Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

to dread or not to dread, that is the question, things to concider before taking the plunge

Jessica
@jessica
15 years ago
70 posts
haha aww thanks.. but i definitely wouldn't want to be in charge like that.
updated by @jessica: 07/22/15 12:15:18PM
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
bumping because I believe that somewhere in the world, someone might benefit from seeing this at the top at this momement.
Buffalo Rogers
@buffalo-rogers
14 years ago
46 posts
Dreading has taught me many thingsI have never been much for my looks. Wake up, get dressed, and go kind of thing. For the last 8 months my hair has been a rats nest. But it's different since I've been dreading. I've learned to love my look, no matter what it is.i have a lot more natural style now. Hand made clothes. i'm learnin to sew so I can make some clothes of my own.I've learned patience. I've never been much of a patient girl. I'm only 13. But now, It's much easier for me. As you all know dreads aren't exactly an over night thingI've been a lot more relaxed. I used to get worked up a lot. and I mean a LOT. I still get worked up fairly easily on a few topics, but back to the patience thing. I'm working on it. But most things, I just take them and keep going. Especially insults.Insightful post brother
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
13 is a ard age for patience, waitting 1 day seems impossible, everyting must be immediateso to learn and grow through your dreads like tat shows just ow powerful the dreading experience is Alexi Rogers said:
Dreading has taught me many things

I have never been much for my looks. Wake up, get dressed, and go kind of thing. For the last 8 months my hair has been a rats nest. But it's different since I've been dreading. I've learned to love my look, no matter what it is.

i have a lot more natural style now. Hand made clothes. i'm learnin to sew so I can make some clothes of my own.

I've learned patience. I've never been much of a patient girl. I'm only 13. But now, It's much easier for me. As you all know dreads aren't exactly an over night thing

I've been a lot more relaxed. I used to get worked up a lot. and I mean a LOT. I still get worked up fairly easily on a few topics, but back to the patience thing. I'm working on it. But most things, I just take them and keep going. Especially insults.

Insightful post brother

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Alex Doom
@alex-doom
14 years ago
10 posts
I'm 18 and the patience is still hard for me.. I wanted dreads since I was 14 and knew I could make the journey. It's not the time it takes for the dreads to form that makes me impatient it's the constant insults at school. "Why is your hair so nappy" "why dont you just comb your hair" "are you ever going to just give up? cuz they dont look good". Whats really pushed me through the different stages of my hair is one day i went into the office at school and there was a guy who works in there also getting locks. his are a ways past mine. when i walked out of the office as i was closing the door he said " Oh hey man, i just wanted to say you got some nice locks." Everyone I think will have times where insults may irritate you and make you mad. But it only takes that one person to pick you up and put you on the right track. :) I want to just thank Mr. Mccann and everyone else on this website.
Pwntus
@pwntus
14 years ago
47 posts
im ready =D
Pwntus
@pwntus
14 years ago
47 posts
im ready =D
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
thats funny cause my 1st set id only spoken to 1 person (was long b4 i ever had a computer or internet) he simply said stop combing and dreads happen.. so i didfew months later hasd crazy congos a beavertail neck pillow and 2 hornsi loved em but glad i started overnext set (this set) i figured out on my own to seperate em so that wouldnt happen..so my entitrre research b4 stsarting dreads was talking to 1 rasta on the streetbut ofcourse those were less confusing times we didnt have waxy lies or 100 different methods to figure out all dread knowledge at that time boiled down to just that 1 bit of info stop combing dreads happen..i miss those simpler times Lisa McRae said:
I wanted dreads for 7 years before I went through with it. I waited because I wanted to read everything I possibly could first. I just couldn't figure out how to do it without wax or neglect until I moved to Ottawa and a University student was starting out her own natural dread business. I guess in that time I could've have natural neglect dreads, but I didn't think that far ahead. They're a year old now and I don't think they would've been the same if I didn't extensively study them first.

--
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
#5 is so correct. It does work as a social filter. At the same time, with people that will be into you for you it seems like all walls and inhibitions are removed.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well i had the advantage of dreading before they started selling dread wax i remember clearly the 1st time i ever heard of using wax in dreads a woman also on the street said i should use bees wax to help my beard dreads dread.. so off i went to get some put a lil dab on my finger and just touched it to a beard dread...instant regret.. i spent years picking at it trying to get the crap out..luckily that dread fell off Lisa McRae said:
Man I wish, siffting through trying to figure out for myself all the truth and lies was a major pain. if only I could've found some random guy on the street and asked him. All the people in my home town that had dreads (small town, there were only 2 or 3) used wax so I guess it's good that I studied online first instead of asking them.
soaringeagle said:
thats funny cause my 1st set id only spoken to 1 person (was long b4 i ever had a computer or internet) he simply said stop combing and dreads happen.. so i did
few months later hasd crazy congos a beavertail neck pillow and 2 horns
i loved em but glad i started over
next set (this set) i figured out on my own to seperate em so that wouldnt happen..

so my entitrre research b4 stsarting dreads was talking to 1 rasta on the street

but ofcourse those were less confusing times we didnt have waxy lies or 100 different methods to figure out all dread knowledge at that time boiled down to just that 1 bit of info stop combing dreads happen..
i miss those simpler times

Lisa McRae said:
I wanted dreads for 7 years before I went through with it. I waited because I wanted to read everything I possibly could first. I just couldn't figure out how to do it without wax or neglect until I moved to Ottawa and a University student was starting out her own natural dread business. I guess in that time I could've have natural neglect dreads, but I didn't think that far ahead. They're a year old now and I don't think they would've been the same if I didn't extensively study them first.

--

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form