Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Will my dreads fill out?

Heather Dinkins
@heather-dinkins
12 years ago
3 posts

Its been about 4 months, I believe, since I started dreading using the twist and rip method. Naturally, I have very thin hair and my dreads seem to resemble that. My question is: over time, will my dreads become thicker and fill out a little more?

updated by @heather-dinkins: 01/13/15 09:41:12PM
tyler rakowski
@tyler-rakowski
12 years ago
19 posts

sure will sis, have you heard of congo dreads before? its basically where two or more of your thin dreads decide to get married and the become thicker as they grow out, just give em time and when they have matured a little bit longer stop seperating them for a while, or if you want control over how thick they get put a ring around two or three of the, whatever tickles your fancy and let them mate. good luck and have fun

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

most definitely. my hair before dreads had a ponytail the size of a dime. now my ponytail is the size of my hand making the letter c. your hair will hold onto the hair thats shed and over time that along with the looping and shrinking will result in thicker dreads. it might take some time and patience but it will definitely happen.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

haha hand making a c i couldnt get both hands round mine oh wait yea if i squeeze real tight i can..neat but yea they fatten up at 4 montgs they are scraggly at 8 twice as thick

without havin to congo

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather Dinkins
@heather-dinkins
12 years ago
3 posts

Yeah I have a couple that are starting to congo in the back. If you look at my display picture, youll see what im talking about when i say that they arent exactly filling out. You say they will increase in thickness over time? I just want them to fill in the gaps, ya know? For now Im just sitting back.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

they will dont worry

compare em in 4-6 months they wikll be alot thicker

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form