Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

just wondering about tnr

Logan3
@logan3
12 years ago
7 posts
well, i have had dreads before but i backcombed em. im simply wondering, whether or not my tiny tnr dreads will thicken up, or should i start making them fatter while tnr'ing them? i have like ten done on the back of my head(i would like them to be nice a thick like my last two sets, i did aproximate one inch squares.f irst set54 second set48), i sectioned but not into squares like the previous times, more random this time. also there is 43sections this time, and with the sectioning alone it makes me THINK AND BELIEVE that they should be thicker than the previous sets but alas I DO NOT KNOW for certain, so i am here to find out..when i wake up later im going to knock the rest out!please help with some answers i would greatly appreciate it, Logan. (sorry for typing errors, couldnt swype =/) its all good though, good day all
updated by @logan3: 02/14/15 12:10:55PM
Kelly3
@kelly3
12 years ago
333 posts

They will thicken up over time. The biggest you want a section is 1 square inch, although not actually square. The dreads will eventually thicken become the size of the section.

The TnRs will come apart and tangle back up, possibly a number of times. Just let them do what they want. If a dread comes apart all together, just leave it be.

Question- This is your third set, yeah? So why not try the natural route? How long since you TnRd?

Logan3
@logan3
12 years ago
7 posts
I started two nights ago with 5, did 5 last night and am going to finish today after i sleep, and although natural IS THE BEST route, I'm not to keen of it. I have went months before with out washing my hair and had dreads with which i had to use detangler to comb em out.
Kelly3
@kelly3
12 years ago
333 posts

Natural doesn't mean that you don't wash your hair. Clean hair dreads faster. TnR is a good substitute though.

Logan3
@logan3
12 years ago
7 posts
When tnr'ing how tight does it need to be initially? When back combing, you want it really tight.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

actualy no u dont

looser is better too tight they take longer to dread looser they dread faster but u want just tib[ght enough to hold together and not fall apart but loose enough to dread

u never want them tight as u can thats false thats why crochet takes 6 months to a year to recover from and even begin to dred right

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wghy would u not wash your hair washing helps hair dread naturally

--
Logan3
@logan3
12 years ago
7 posts
I wouldn't wash my hair because i was either in the middle of no where, or on a train, or just didn't care, but that was not while i had dreads, just normal hair
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ok so now that you wash u can go natural

--
Logan3
@logan3
12 years ago
7 posts
@se i chatted with you here on the site, 5 years ago whilst i had my first set, the site had changed quite a bit. I learned allot from my talks with you, which is why on my second set i back combed then neglected it, and they came out amazing! Also soaring eagle, is it better to do multiple different rips in one twist or one twist and one rip, and i already figured out that doing different amounts of twisting helps it rather than a quarter turn and one rip and a quarter turn and a rip!
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form