Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Curls folding back on themselves

Myschyf
@myschyf
12 years ago
115 posts
So, it's been a few weeks now and my Quite a few of my curly sections are folding back on themselves and knotting up like that. Should I pull them to keep them wispy ended or leave them alone?Link to a picture example: http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i22/sunitgir/?action=view t=8F1A091D-0D5C-4853-AE49-AF220705A660-18620-000018E8145DB049.jpg&evt=user_media_share
updated by @myschyf: 01/13/15 09:33:40PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

leave em be its just dreading

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

most of mine did that. if you want to prevent it then you could always add a bead a few inches up from the tips to stop it from folding on itself. i just kind of let mine do what they want.

Myschyf
@myschyf
12 years ago
115 posts
They are too skinny beads. My thickest barely hold pony beads. But I was mostly just wondering if it's gonna be a pain to wash if it dreads that way.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

That's just them locking. Some may stay folded up and blunt a bit. Some may unfold and get wispy again. Some may fold and somehow still be wispy. Just leave them be. This is all part of the process.

Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
12 years ago
123 posts

I've had a few that did that. The part of the tip that looped up just made a bigger and bigger loop on the tip until it came all the way through the knot and was wispy again. Those few are now looping again, but in a slightly different manner.

They change their mind a lot, the loops you have now may come undone, as they kinda figure out they want to do something else instead.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form