Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hard water

Teddyjo
@teddyjo
12 years ago
106 posts
I live in massachusettes, do I have hard water or soft water?
updated by @teddyjo: 01/13/15 09:33:37PM
Teddyjo
@teddyjo
12 years ago
106 posts
Also, does it vary from city to city?
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Mass. tends to have slightly hard water. But it's on the very low side of hard water. You should be fine. I'm in Philly, and have no problem with my water. And I'm red on the map. You're almost entirely yellow.

It can vary city to city, but most major cities are consistent with where their water supply comes from

Teddyjo
@teddyjo
12 years ago
106 posts
Right on, according to that map there isn't a place with "softwater" what places have soft water?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

well my guess is that soft is a lack of hardness so the slightly hard wouyld be called soft

they are measuting by parts per million so the very low end would be soft since it has a vey low concentration of the minerals that make water hard but theres probably nowhere that has none of the minerals

hope that makes sejse

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

hard/soft water is defined by how much undissolved minerals are in the water. Calcium, limestone,granite, etc... Soft water just has much less than hard water. So, Eagles right, the low end would be softer water. If you had water with no minerals in it, you'd basically have distilled water. That's not possible for any major water source. You have to distill water manually. So the slightly hard to moderately hard is pretty much soft water.

Here you go... A map with soft water actually written on it:

Teddyjo
@teddyjo
12 years ago
106 posts
Good info fromThe both of you. Thanks. SoI'm set right? No need to by fostered water?
Teddyjo
@teddyjo
12 years ago
106 posts
Buy distilled water*
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Nope, you should be okay

Dislike 0

Tags