Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Starting Dreads- the need to know

Jacob Doherty
@jacob-doherty
12 years ago
4 posts

O.k., let me first start off by saying I'm a noob and have never had dreads, but hey u have to start sometime haha. I know a bit but not as much as I would like to before diving into dreads just yet. I added a horrible pic of me and my curly hair and was curious on what method I should use. I do like the thought of having nice even smooth dreads instead of neglect, but then again I don't know what would look best since I've never had them. Another challenge I would face is maintenance. Since I've never had dreads I also dont know how to make them look there best, so products I should use would be appreciated as well. Im not sure what else there is to ask or what else I should know so I'll leave it up to the pro's to teach me how its done. Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

oh and I may be trying to do this project by myself since I really dont think any of my friends know how, so some help on how to do it urself would be awesome too.

updated by @jacob-doherty: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

1st off you think you like the smooth fake looking dreads now but as yiu dread the 1 that refused to be smooth and kook like all the rst will be youir fave neglect is by far the best way to dread especialy with hair like yoirs

the process is just so wonderful

maintenance is easy wash and seperate no products

even if u do try to get the all alike look you will not want products they just screw u up

but to obtain that look takes extreme effort and extreme damage! wich means after a few years you will be starting over ..most likely with neglect

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form